Second Knife

Roger T

Here are some pictures of my second attempt at this craft.

4-inch Elmax blade
Turkish Walnut Scales with black and red fiber liners
416 bolsters & pins
Tapered tang
Claude Scott sheath

Knife2c_zps7aefaa6a.jpg

Knife2d_zps265744d3-1.jpg

Knife2e_zpsd5812787-1.jpg

DSC05780_zpsbfccf02e.jpg

That's your second attempt?

I guess living near and being buddies with Mr.BB has it advantages! LOL

Truly a fine knife you have made and really all the credit goes to you the maker! Keep those coming!

Roger, that is a fine looking knife for knife number 2 or knife number 200! Great work. Laurence, I think there must be something in the water up there. Whatever it is I wish I had some of it.

Bill

That's your second attempt?

I guess living near and being buddies with Mr.BB has it advantages! LOL

Truly a fine knife you have made and really all the credit goes to you the maker! Keep those coming!

Thanks Laurence,
It truly is a blessing to have Bruce as friend and mentor. I feel like I'm just dipping my toe into these waters. My appreciation for the skills you pro's have increases each time I attempt to make something presentable.

Roger, that is a fine looking knife for knife number 2 or knife number 200! Great work. Laurence, I think there must be something in the water up there. Whatever it is I wish I had some of it.

Bill

Thanks Bill,
I don't think it's in the water - might be the onions - most probably the wine! :3:

This is a nice one. I got to coon-finger it all over. Roger does knives almost as well as custom furniture.
He sure complained about how much time it took to hand polish that elmax.

Thanks Everybody, I sure appreciate the encouragement. I'm sure finding this craft to be challenging and enjoyable. Good thing I didn't tell my wife I was done buying tools :shush:.

This is a nice one. I got to coon-finger it all over. Roger does knives almost as well as custom furniture.
He sure complained about how much time it took to hand polish that elmax.

Yeah, who was it that steered me onto that stuff?!

Thanks so much for posting the kind comments. The Turkish walnut makes just about anything look good. I'm refining the design of two more knives, then I can get back to cutting & grinding some more!

Back