This one is in my damascus.

Shearwater.jpg

Specs:
Steel - Carbon Damascus - O1 & L6
Blade Length - Approx. 4"
Overall - Approx. 8 1/4"
Guard - 416SS
Handle - Turkish Walnut

The walnut is from a big piece that I got at Blade and is some of the nicest I have ever seen. Sadly I am now almost out.

Thanks for looking,
Sean

Very nice...great looking damascus and the walnut is on par with ironwood burl, if not richer looking- like it.

Well done. The lines are great and the knife looks clean. It appears you have great attention to detail. I like the combination of the rich walnut and nicely created damascus. The guard creates a complimentary transition between the handle and all of its wonderful features and the blade with its own visual beauty. It (the guard) almost disappears due to the eye drawing appeal of the whole package.
The sheath stands in stark contrast in that it is simplistic and functional, yet appears to be well made and quite robust.
All in all, I like it quite a bit. I think the two go together incredibly well and will be a timeless heirloom for someone lucky enough to obtain it.

(a break from my usual few words)

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Sometimes I worry that my sheaths aren't up to snuff. I feel they are well made but of course are not as decorative as others. I basically make the sheath for free when selling a knife so really can't justify putting more expense into it.

It is important to me that the entire knife is an in house production for me.

Sean

Back