Sheppard of the Hills Hammer In?

Self Made Knives

Anyone going to the hammer in at Sheppard of the Hills in Branson this weekend? Is this an annual event or the first time? It's about a 2 hour drive for, just wondering if it would be worth it.

Anthony

I went to the Hammer-in after all, here's a quick video of the event. It was fairly small, but I had a great time and was surprised how friendly and helpful everyone was. I'm learning this craft on my own, with only the help of this forum and YouTube, so getting to visit with "knife" guys was amazing. I showed a couple of my knives to some of them and got great feedback and encouragement.

[video=youtube_share;3E7EUqsWMxE]http://youtu.be/3E7EUqsWMxE[/video]

That looks like it was a good time I couldn't get te video to work on here but just typed the title into youtube

You had the opportunity to watch a great maker and fried demo. Not only is Jim an AWESOME maker, he's a GREAT friend. Good to hear you had a good time. I'm disappointed I couldn't make it, but Uncle Sam changed my training plans.

I think it was a 20 incher, they said the wheel cost something like $1200! Someone said it looks like a flat grind, even on a big blade.

I like that wheel. Mine is almost 24" and the grind is just noticeable hollow. Steven Bader Co. wanted $2400 to make me one about 5 years ago.

Back