shocking

Bgbdwolf

Anyone here have a thought on why my grinder is shocking me? It acts like static and only does it when running a gator belt on the platen.

It's all about humidity. Anything less then 45% and you'll get static. When the humidity gets really low (less then 30%, those "zaps" can become quite painful! :) There are many things you can do, but the simplest is to put a humidifier in the shop.

I just spray the inside of every new belt with laundry static guard when I first install it with the belt running. One spray lasts the life of the belt.

You can get a static bracelet thingy at radio shack.I don't know what they are called but they are used for working on electronics I think. I use it and it works great just velcro around your wrist and ground to your grinder, no more shock.

Steve

You can get a static bracelet thingy at radio shack.I don't know what they are called but they are used for working on electronics I think. I use it and it works great just velcro around your wrist and ground to your grinder, no more shock.

BossDog quoted from the link I posted above:

Don't ground yourself to a motor. You can kill yourself that way.

My far away friend, Don Robinson, has given a simple to do , inexpensive, answer. I've used that for years !!! Frank

Back