Shop Music Thread- what are you listening to today?

"Where were you on the night of June 29th?"

RIP, Lowell. 13APR1945-29JUN1979

I have a friend who follows Little Feat like people followed The Grateful Dead. He has seen them hundreds of times. As a matter of fact, he's travelling back East next month to see them again!

I personally don't care for them or The Dead.

I have a friend who follows Little Feat like people followed The Grateful Dead. He has seen them hundreds of times. As a matter of fact, he's travelling back East next month to see them again!

I personally don't care for them or The Dead.

I envy your friend! I only saw them 14 times.

Little Feat is one of my favorites. Dead, I've got 3-4 early-ish albums and that's all. Never saw them live.

I like a broad range of music. I'm sure we have a whole bunch of shared likes. :)

I envy your friend! I only saw them 14 times.

Little Feat is one of my favorites. Dead, I've got 3-4 early-ish albums and that's all. Never saw them live.

I like a broad range of music. I'm sure we have a whole bunch of shared likes. :)

I also like a very broad range of music including most any Pop/Rock from the late 50's through the 90's. I like New Wave, Punk, Classic Rock, Heavy Metal, Reggae, Soft Jazz...well you get it.

It all started with The Beatles at the ripe age of 8. My uncle gave me their first two LP's and off I went. Next came CCR and then I discovered my mom was a hippie and had a fantastic album collection. If it was popular in the 60's she had it. Her collection spawned my love for Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention and many of the blues-based rock bands.

The Blues is on the very top of my list. I wish I could play blues guitar, but after 10 years try

Top Three Bands for me are Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa and The Rolling Stones.

I also have to give a nod to Black Sabbath because they really opened me up to a whole different experience when I was about 12 or 13.

I also really dig Ten Years After, Savoy Brown, QSMS, Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac and Humble Pie.

I have thousands of live concerts that were taped from the 60's through present day. My music catalog of live shows takes well over 30TB of drive space. I have every Pink Floyd and Frank Zappa show that is known to be recorded!

Vey cool, Chris! I have probably 2500+ albums on disc in ALAC and it is only slightly over 1TB, so 30TB is just a staggering thought!

Every name you named I have, and really enjoy. I love early San Francisco rock. Santana will always be my favorite; he is my inspiration for the guitar. I play QSMS (I love you said QSMS instead of the later QS!) Happy Trails all the time. Grace Slick's anger fueled me during the late 60s. But, then, I like Zeppelin, HP, so many English bands, not to mention prog rock. I have been on a Kansas kick again of late. And, I have got a lot of blues guitar albums. Ronnie Baker Brooks is on the playlist today. So is Jeff Beck Live +. That album kicks arse with Rhonda Smith on bass and Jimmy Hall (Wet Willie) singing. PF and Gilmour go without saying in our house. Half the stack of DVDs next to the machine must be one or the other Gilmour.

And, with tinnitus that is enough to drive me nuts, I play ambient stuff in the background all day long to cover the screaming in my ears. Did you know one can have multi-tone tinnitus? It's been pretty crazy. Thank you, Pfizer vaccine.

BTW, I suck at guitar, but I have played nearly every day for a lot of years. Mostly blues, so I can play my song, not theirs. I love jam tracks for backing. The arthritis has left me unable to play chords, but two note partials can pass usually. You don't have to be good to entertain yourself at home, you just need a tolerant spouse. Guitar and keys are what kept me as sane as I get during the 15 years I have been stuck sitting in a chair all day. Things are a bit better now and I can do some shop again, but it is still my joy. :)

Last edited:
Back