Shop picture thread.

DISCLAIMER: This is NOT my shop. I claim/own no responsibility for the condition of this shop.

This place is owned by a friend who's a fairly talented woodworker, as well as non-stop tea drinker, human tobacco chimney, and founding member of the "I Like Dust Club". This place is a very serious candidate for the "Dirtiest Shop Award", if not: "Shop Most Likely to Burn to the Ground Due to Carelessness and Neglect Award".

I post these merely for your enjoyment....

I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

Enjoy!!

possumlodge001.jpg

possumlodge005.jpg

possumlodge006.jpg

possumlodge007.jpg

possumlodge023.jpg

possumlodge008.jpg

possumlodge010.jpg

possumlodge018.jpg

possumlodge015.jpg

possumlodge014.jpg

possumlodge012.jpg

possumlodge009.jpg

possumlodge013.jpg

possumlodge025.jpg

And...

There are ghosts!!

possumlodge004.jpg

Dacks

Wow. That is some shop.
It always surprises me to see shops that look like that then see the amazing work that comes out of it like those guitars hanging up. That shot of his desk and computer area made me laugh out loud.:D
WOW.

:eek::eek::eek: And here I thought I was messy....lol Looks like he does a bit of everything, thats cool. Thats how you fill a shop.....lol

I am sure he has 2-3 of everything:D

Chris

Bill - I think "Pack Rat Properties" and "Extreme Filth" are the applicable service options here. There may even be a bit of "Bio Hazard Cleanup" needed as well!!

I may be callin'. :rolleyes:

The thing that really gets me is the number of oily rags(linseed, tung, antique, etc.) left balled up and tossed on the floor. I don't know how you guys operate, but in my shop that just won't happen. And, I don't have an elaborate dust collection system(Shop Vac2thumbs) like my friend has, but I USE IT!! My friend worked for IBM for 30 yrs so you'd think he has at least a functional understanding of electricity and is aware of its reputation for causing fires in overloaded outlets caked in wood dust!

There are actually two guys working out of the shop which is owned by my friend who makes high-end furniture and boxes and stuff. The other man is a luthier(sp?).... a really good one apparently.

As for skills, yes my friend has some well honed talent and an artistic eye, he makes some very fine stuff in a very well equipped shop:
http://spanishbaydesign.ca/installs/?page_id=2

I sure hope he never decides to do any type of metel work in there. One good spark and it would all be gone.

Shiny New Work Bench

Built a new assembly station this weekend. I couldn't take the dissarray, filth, and lack of humanity anymore. The walls are Baltic birch bead board and the table surface and anything else without knots is northern white maple. All are UV topcoated. I like the wire shelves for dust cleanup and I leave the bottom 6" inches above floor so I can vaccum under there about once every 5 years.
The little elephant is my new shop apron hook.
Thanks for looking.
Steve

Attachments

• new bench 001.jpg
    new bench 001.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 179
  • new bench 003.jpg
    new bench 003.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 166
  • new bench 004.jpg
    new bench 004.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 165
  • new bench 005.jpg
    new bench 005.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 159
  • new bench 007.jpg
    new bench 007.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 149
Looks real good Steve. I like organized!

I think this tax return goes to more lumber and dust collection system. I cant take it anymore...thanks for the motivation2thumbs Now go dirty it up again would ya...hehe

Nice work bud,

Chris

Built a new assembly station this weekend. I couldn't take the dissarray, filth, and lack of humanity anymore. The walls are Baltic birch bead board and the table surface and anything else without knots is northern white maple. All are UV topcoated. I like the wire shelves for dust cleanup and I leave the bottom 6" inches above floor so I can vaccum under there about once every 5 years.
The little elephant is my new shop apron hook.
Thanks for looking.
Steve

Back