Silent auction for american valor knives

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
Our own "Backtines" (Mike Debartolo), or as we like to call him, Lucky Lucky Lucky Mike won 3 knives in the recent Raffle to benefit our annual American Valor Outdoors Veteran Hunt.

Mike has graciously requested that we auction these knives off to raise even more funds for this great cause. Our hats are off to him for this great show of patriotism and compassion.

So here we go......

1. This auction will last 2 weeks and will end promptly at midnight on Friday August 23rd Central Standard Time.

2. The starting bid for each piece will be $150.00 US and bid's can only be raised in $5.00 increments.

3. If you are interested in any of the three, just post the number of the knife from the pictures below and state your bid.

4. At the end of the auction we will contact you for your address and you can pay by check or credit card.

We will try to post the current bid amounts on a daily basis so you wont have to scroll thru the entire thread. This will also get this thread back to the top on a daily basis.

Here are the knives.
Number 1 is by Kyle Gahagan and features a terrific differential heat treat line, a custom sheath a ferro fire starter rod.
attachment.php

knife2.jpg

Number 2 is by Steven Long and sports a premium set of desert Ironwood scales. This hunter/skinner fits like a glove. Steven has also agreed to include a custom sheath with this one.
attachment.php

knife3.jpg

Number 3 is by Jim Coffee and is gripped with Spalted Hackberry and fits in some nice leather pants also by Jim.
attachment.php

knife1.jpg

Thanks for looking and good luck if you decide to bid.
And again, a great thanks to all who toil to make this event possible.

Steve and the AVO Team.

Last edited:
I really like all three but I feel like a thief at only $150 for any one of them.
So I,m going with the Jim Coffee for $200

Just to update: As of this morning.

1. Kyle Gahagan - no opening bid yet.
2. Steven Long - no opening bid yet.
3. Jim Coffee - $200.00 bid by Bruce Bump

Last edited:
Thanks Steven and Bruce!!!!
I edited the original post to show that a sheath is included.

Just to refresh everyone's memory, Bruce Bump was gracious enough to donate a custom knife earlier this year before the raffle started. This knife was sold to a collector who then donated it back to be given to our hunter. Good Stuff, Man.

It's a donation correct? I always, usually, donate.
$150 on #1
$150 on #2
Dozier

Last edited:
#1 Kyle Gahagan - $150.00 bid by Wdtourque
#2. Steven Long - $150.00 bid by Wdtourque
#3. Jim Coffee - $200.00 bid by Bruce Bump

Thanks guys for keeping this rolling!!!

Love the lines of the Jim Coffee and, like Bruce, think it's a steal at $150. Tack-on the fact that the proceeds benefit a great cause and I can't help but feel that it's under-valued at any price. So, at the risk of angering Bruce (probably not a good thing for a newbie to do to an owner/moderator), I'd like to up the ante...I'm going to bid $225 for the Jim Coffee. Sorry Bruce...

Man, on your first post too.
It takes more to anger me than out-bidding me. These knives can only raise in value at these prices. I'm a maker and not a collector but I read about famous makers early knives selling for this price and bringing $thousands later. This Jim Coffee guy is getting some good reviews lately.
Love the lines of the Jim Coffee and, like Bruce, think it's a steal at $150. Tack-on the fact that the proceeds benefit a great cause and I can't help but feel that it's under-valued at any price. So, at the risk of angering Bruce (probably not a good thing for a newbie to do to an owner/moderator), I'd like to up the ante...I'm going to bid $225 for the Jim Coffee. Sorry Bruce...

Man, on your first post too.
It takes more to anger me than out-bidding me. These knives can only raise in value at these prices. I'm a maker and not a collector but I read about famous makers early knives selling for this price and bringing $thousands later. This Jim Coffee guy is getting some good reviews lately.
Hahaha! Sorry, Bruce; my comment was purely tongue-in-cheek. Your reputation as a phenomenal knifemaker precedes you. I was just trying to make light of an awkward situation (my first post and doing something that might seem somewhat arrogant to some). Honestly, I didn't think my out-bidding you, particularly for this cause, would (or should) annoy you. As I said, I really like the looks of the knife but, like you, certainly will not be upset if I get out-bid. Glad to hear that you weren't offended; it certainly was not my intent in any way.

Incidentally, before making the bid, I tried to go to your website about five times yesterday but I kept getting a 'server error'. Don't know what that was about but I finally managed to get into the site late last night. After seeing some of the pics, all I can say is 'Wow'!! That is some absolutely awesome work! A very real synergy of function and art - beautiful stuff. My compliments!!

Chuck

Here's the current bids.

#1 Kyle Gahagan - $150.00 bid by Wdtourque
#3. Jim Coffee - $225.00 bid by Bloodshot

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks for bidding Guy's. This is a REALLY good cause

Just a little info on the knife I made.
440c stainless blade
416 stainless pinned on and dovetailed bolsters
tapered tang
stainless pins
Spalted Hackberry scales, These scales are from Craig stevens studios in Alaska and they are the finest scales available today (my opinion)
Hand tooled right hand carry sheath, Made by me.

#1 Kyle Gahagan - $155.00 bid by rootes_of_ohio
#3. Jim Coffee - $225.00 bid by Bloodshot

Updated and thanks!!!

Back