Stamp o matic MK1

Chris Railey

I got tired of contorting myself to try and stamp my mark only to mess it up. Enter the stamp o matic. Holds the knife and stamp under my flypress all I have to do is line her up and stamp.

Attachments

• 287834A2-E6C0-4A0E-A0C5-C89BAE982895.jpeg
    287834A2-E6C0-4A0E-A0C5-C89BAE982895.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 43
  • A0984DC0-4F30-4C8B-9A36-0704263176BA.jpeg
    A0984DC0-4F30-4C8B-9A36-0704263176BA.jpeg
    830.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 0F303555-0707-48BA-9BE5-E4217FB8F130.jpeg
    0F303555-0707-48BA-9BE5-E4217FB8F130.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
What is a Fly Press worth?? There is someone near me that has one but I know very little about them and their capabilities?

Mine is a Norton #3 deep throat I paid like $2700 with the stand and some tooling shipped from California. Got it from west coast flypresses. Great company.

Hope this works? This is all the info and hopefully a picture too!
The price is pretty fair though I would offer $350. Its very small and likely would not help with forging much. You could use it to straighten, stamp, cold bend smaller stock. Make some tooling for other light press work. Its cool, just too small for general forge work. Its missing the handle and maybe a weight if small presses have two. I am not sure on that one.

The price is pretty fair though I would offer $350. Its very small and likely would not help with forging much. You could use it to straighten, stamp, cold bend smaller stock. Make some tooling for other light press work. Its cool, just too small for general forge work. Its missing the handle and maybe a weight if small presses have two. I am not sure on that one.

Thanks, I'll save my money then. My shop has limited space. Trying to fit this in and not being able to do what I want is an exercise in futility.

Thanks, I'll save my money then. My shop has limited space. Trying to fit this in and not being able to do what I want is an exercise in futility.
In my opinion that is more of a collectors piece. When you look at them there is normally a number associated with them. Like mine is Norton #3. Very generally speaking that is a loose reference to the force they can put out. Mine is in the neighborhood of 3 tons. There is only one company that makes new flypresses and its in India. There are a couple of business that import them for sale here. They are considered to be good presses.

@Chris Railey That's a cool Jig. I defiantly need to make 1 of those. I will put on the my list with the other 50things I need to build o_O … I have screwed up to many knives trying to stamp my name by holding the stamp in my hand. I think it is because my last name has a lot of letter in it

Old World Anvils has great information of fly presses as well as a selection of them. If I recall correctly, the smallest that they recommend for forging is the #3. After that asking what fly press is too large is like asking what anvil is too large.

Doug

That is who I was talking about I just could not remember the name. Old World Anvils, and West Coast Flypresses are the main two I know about.

Yeah I checked out West Coast. I'll look at Old World. I'd rather buy a Hydraulic press but there expensive. I have the start of one to build just no time and sourcing materials where I live is brutal!!

Back