Stolen knife alert, from the TSA area

Glad to hear you found it Bruce. When I got home from Pennsylvania last week I was a bit nervous when I found the "TSA Inspection Card" in my luggage. Luckily, all four of my knives I had taken with me were accounted for.

Glad you found your stuff....My son calls my lack of short-term memory "Oldheimers"

A suggestion from a roaddog that travels a lot...

I'm in the exhibit business and attend to many trade shows all over the country..I also make knives and like to carry a bag of unfinished pointy things to piddle with at night.....Read that I have dealt with many airport TSA prying eyes...Doesn't help I have long hair, beard,like cargo pants, am ugly and tend to dress like 1972...
Last year before show season I decided I'd try something new..The day before I leave home I UPS overnight ALL of my stuff to the show site booth...All I carry on is a small bag with laptop, phone and book.. Upon arrival I go to the booth, open the box and take out my personal bag (a small backpak), then go to the hotel...Same thing when leaving, overnight it all back to the shop from the exhibit halls office...This has saved hundreds of dollars of "check bag fees" and I've yet to lose anything..Plus, no waiting at the check bag carousel or those evil "we like your stuff" tags from TSA...
The only downfall so far has been stranded a couple of times at connecting flights in bad weather without my personal effects...This is why I added the book, it doesn't need recharging.....
One last thing, if the show is within 500 miles I lease a car and drive...I'd rather pick my route than deal with commuter flights, a 42 minute flight has stranded me 3 days 200 miles from home......

Glad to hear a happy ending to your story, Bruce. :35:
Something similar happened to me. Went to Cape Cod with the gf. When I got back home I came up short one pair of dark blue briefs. I asked if she had them. No. I then checked my dark blue duffle bag and there they were. :what!:

Glad to hear a happy ending to your story, Bruce. :35:
Something similar happened to me. Went to Cape Cod with the gf. When I got back home I came up short one pair of dark blue briefs. I asked if she had them. No. I then checked my dark blue duffle bag and there they were. :what!:

Did you report them blue briefs stolen and fill out paperwork for TSA and United? I bet the police had a good laugh too. HeeHee

Glad to hear you found it Bruce. When I got home from Pennsylvania last week I was a bit nervous when I found the "TSA Inspection Card" in my luggage. Luckily, all four of my knives I had taken with me were accounted for.

This had restored my confidence in the system for the most part. I'm still thinking about a hard case with a pistol. That may be a step in the right direction. At least if that is stolen the Feds get involved and that may too to much pressure for most sticky fingered thieves.

Bruce, glad it was found but truly that sounds like something I would do! Hey laugh my friend its good for the soul and if you do it often enough they'll never know for sure what you are thinking!:biggrin:

Thanks guys!
today I need to call the TSA complaint lady and let her know that TSA is innocent. She is so friendly and nice it wont be hard to do. I already told the Police to scratch my report.
I sold the folder already so maybe this is a good advertising scheme. NOT!!

I certainly could have done that ! Still, I almost wrote for you to check everything out again and completly. Seemed strange they would leave some of thast other "good stuff" behind. Great, you have it !!!! Frank

TSA criminals

TSA notorious for employing crooks and they have not yet returned an item or seem to care about our stuff. I have had two claims myself and all people I know who have been ripped off by the TSA have had no luck having their stuff returned. Its a gang of FED thugs with no accountability.:mad:

After the Arkansas Show I checked my luggage in at the United Express. I was way too early but had nothing better to do than to walk around the airport and wait for my flight. TSA had over 3 hours to inspect my bag. When I reached Home I opened it to find my slipjoint wasnt there. Here is a shot of it so please keep your eyes open on the market for it. If somebody is good at Craigs list for Little Rock area please monitor that oK? Its valued at $400 and I'm offering a $100 reward for its return.

I've contacted the TSA and filed a report also turned in a claim to United Express. I'm going to contact the Little Rock PD for a report just in case a crack user gets arrested with it in his pocket.

Here is what it looks like:
It is numbered 041 on the right side of the ricasso. It was stored in a small black zippered pouch.

swaybackCF010_zps36728b10.jpg

swaybackCF012_zps65093dc3.jpg

TSA notorious for employing crooks and they have not yet returned an item or seem to care about our stuff. I have had two claims myself and all people I know who have been ripped off by the TSA have had no luck having their stuff returned. Its a gang of FED thugs with no accountability.:mad:

Billebert, I did find my knife and had to call everybody back and apologize.

Back