Tabletop Hydraulic Press

Here's the press in operation.

[video=youtube;RUUsILQZq4s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUUsILQZq4s[/video]

Last edited:
I've always thought a table top model was all that was needed. It looks like you did it. One think I would change is the control lever. When you pull it downward the ram goes up. I think the ram should go down when the handle is pulled down and up when the handle is pushed up. Just reverse the hoses to the valve.

Very nice work David, did you try it with some hot steel? i'm wondering if you encountered the binding issue i had envisioned.
My poor guy press (air over hydraulic cyinder) needed tweeking in the ram guides and that solved the issue i had when pressing off center. It was necessary adding more contact surface area at the columns.

Very nice work David, did you try it with some hot steel? i'm wondering if you encountered the binding issue i had envisioned.
My poor guy press (air over hydraulic cyinder) needed tweeking in the ram guides and that solved the issue i had when pressing off center. It was necessary adding more contact surface area at the columns.

Stezann, no binding problem. I'm using combo dies & it does get a bit past parallel when pressing off center, but not to an unacceptable degree. As you mention though, extra contact area at the ram guides would definitely reduce that. I'll be making additional dies and I'll make sure those work surfaces are centered directly under the ram.

Thank you, i like very much your press! I can't wait when i'll upgrade mine to a real deal press like yours....at least i must get me a beefer compressor for my air-over-hydraulic unit.

Back