The Blue Fire Bowie

Bruce for sure the colors come together as good as any knife I have seen. that is absolutely superb looking and craftsmanship.
Thanks for showing this fine piece of art for me to see I love it.

Don't know what else I can add, awesome knife, but I wouldn't expect any less form you. I like the blued fittings. I haven't attempted bluing yet. What was the guard material? I'm currently just using A36 and was planning to try cold bluing.

Don't know what else I can add, awesome knife, but I wouldn't expect any less form you. I like the blued fittings. I haven't attempted bluing yet. What was the guard material? I'm currently just using A36 and was planning to try cold bluing.

Hi Eddie,
the guard and frame are from 1018 cold rolled steel. It's kinda hard to find here but I found quite a lot of it on ebay. I,ve used A36 many times with no trouble whatsoever. It is possibly a little harder to get a good polish for bluing compared to 1018 but seems to hot blue exactly the same. Cold glueing takes allot of coats to cover either steels. Oxpho Blue is best IMO. It's available from Brownells.

Since there have been nothing but compliments let me step up to the plate, if I may, and offer some critique......well......uhh.......change nothing....it's PERFECT! Lol! Beautiful flow and craftsmanship Bruce. You are a true artist!

Back