The God particle

It’s not up to me to decide, Randy. However, I’m fine with it.

All these theories are a lot of fun… :)

Socrates said, "The only real wisdom is knowing you know nothing".

and;....“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
He was pretty smart for 400bc, maybe we should ask him about the donut hole....
Always a pleasure Tai

Last edited:
Socrates was a pretty sharp guy, but here’s where the fun really started.

“Your theory is crazy, but it's not crazy enough to be true.” Niels Bohr

If you believe that there is no end to our current system of measure, ie. no fraction too small or no number too large with an infinite number of spaces beyond a decimal point, then I subscribe to you that you can drop an object in a field of gravity and it will continue to travel to exactly half the measurable distance to the ground and can never actually reach the ground until numbers and units of measure run out or time is fractured in such a way as to supercede known units of measure. If we adhere to all the KNOWN theories of math and science, how can we possibly explain that by merely dropping and object we are tearing a huge hole in all proven forms of theoretical physics including the still dissproven "String Theory" which allows for unexplained phenomena such as time travel to be tacked onto to previously proven theories without any regard for the missing information.

So kiddies.......if you want to blow the mind of your neighborhood PhD, just drop a wrench, if it hits the ground in the next thousand light years, congratulations, you have just proven the theory and practice of time travel.

Last edited:
Tai,
everything stops working at the Planck length. That is where the pusuit of smaller, closer, etc. stops working. May require understanding additional dimensions to get anything under that distance. Now you have your donut. If you get smaller, then it means that the interactions are just happening in itty bitty dimensions, or in dimensions that we don't directly measure and what we are seeing (or measuring) are the ripples coming out of that dimension. It would be like a shark swimming through the ocean but we can't measure anything but how much the water rises and falls in one spot. We miss the whole shark (or whale or whatever) because we can't measure linear distance in the water, but we get the little ripple that goes up and down as it passes. We think it results from something very small instead of a freakin' shark.

the psychology of perception plays so much havoc on all scientists. It is the worst on my kind of scientist (psychology and sociology). When it gets into criminology, the tenets of governments and economic systems almost totally ruin the ability for systematic pursuit of knowledge due to so much dogma that has been thrown at you for so long that you don't even notice it anymore. That is the general issue for all. We can't sort out the difference between things that are real from things that are just what we believe. In fact, of course, it may be that nothing is, "real," except that someone is willing to believe in it. I think that is cool.

think on,
kc

I guess that makes sense.

I suppose this thread has already curved away from the OP a little, but…

Here’s what I’ve been trying to wrap my brain around. If space, time etc., are in fact circular rather than linier or flat, then straight lines don’t exist in nature. In other words, if you try and follow a straight/flat line infinitely or eternally, it eventually curves back around to the point of origin. So, the circle, ring or torus seems the best symbol for infinity or eternity. If you look at the mathematical symbol for infinity it looks like a sideways figure “8“, or a ring with a 180 degree twist in the middle. For a long time many people believed the earth was flat, but we know now that it is round. It seems like “perspective” plays a major role. A very short segment of a gigantic circle appears straight. Also, a circle viewed from it’s side appears like a straight line.

Therefore, maybe the shortest distance between two points is actually a curved line, which seems very different than the way we’ve been taught to think in modern western culture,… math and science. So, "symbolically" infinity and eternity can exist as a circle. However, without infinite energy only a given number of rotations, revolutions or cycles seems possible.

Could infinite energy (and/or consciousness) be generated somehow between the “attractive” inside hole of a torus form and the “repulsive” outside circumference, geometrically?

Mandala.

mandala-5-480.jpg

... or is it more like a smoke ring that just dissipates back to where it came from?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Big Bang?

KristinBlasterblue.jpg

volcano-ring.jpg

Last edited:
Back