The Official "Show us your shop dog" thread

Oh Sophie!
What a face! a BulMastiff?
I wouldn't put her water/food bowls in the same room with the grinder. You will slowly poison her.
especially if you grind Micarta or Stablized woods? The steel can't be too good ether. Some of the dust hangs in the air and settles later after you are done grinding
Just trying to help!
Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Shes an Old English Mastiff.
Thanks for looking out!!! But the bowl under the bench used to be her food and water bowl when she was a puppy, but its been hanging out under then bench since she out grew it. I generally wont let her stay out with me if im grinding. Most of the time she lays at the door out side of the shop when anything loud is going on inside.

That's good to hear.
The late Great Mr. Bob Loveless, One of the true original KnifeDogs! Told me about a doggie that he had when I was at his shop.

The dog died very young. Bob was concerned so he had the body ortopsed Spelling? By the vet.
The Vet told him that the lungs were caked with Resin & steel dust from the doggie breathing the air in the shop.

Since then I never give water or food or let my pets hang out in the shop were there is no air flow. Remember that they are usually on the ground and breathing all the crud down there.

She is a sweet looking girl! And I know you love her lots!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

059 (2).jpg

This is DAWG he catches the rats, cats and squirrels when he is not trying to steal some bone or antler from the shop.
He is a blue heeler and a great cattle dog. Like a third child in my wife's eyes.

We get some cold winters here and in order to keep her girlish figure we have to get a little workout on the treadmill.... but of course if you don't have treats then it doesn't last very long.

[video=youtube_share;JcG0B1pO-Oo]http://youtu.be/JcG0B1pO-Oo[/video]

These are our two babies! The big one is Oakley the lap dog!! He loves to be in the shop with dad!! He is a very lazy Lab we rescued a few years back. The small one is Baily, we had her since she was a pup and she dose not like her pic taken! she is part Lab and Pit. She is got to be the sweetest as can be, I call her Baily B! She dose not care for the shop to much, we are not to sure why!
Martin

010.jpg012.jpg021.jpg001.jpg

100E0373.jpg

This is Jasper! We just got him a couple days ago. He its a Shiba Inu and American Eskimo dog mix. So far, he has been a great puppy!

Attachments

• IMAG0163.jpg
    IMAG0163.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG0167.jpg
    IMAG0167.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG0161.jpg
    IMAG0161.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 6
Hobbe 4 years old German hunting terrier, use him for hunting

DSC01301.jpg
DSC01307.jpg
hobbe.jpg

Zinc 12 weeks also a German hunting terrier, going to use for hunting..

DSC01279.jpg
DSC01390.jpg
DSC01446.jpg

J.

Attachments

• DSC01301.jpg
    DSC01301.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
This is "Hatter" offical Tactical Puppie of our shop. He is a 100% American Mut. Loves to play around our shop area. He grabs anything that makes it to the floor and hides it. Loves to chew on leather and paracord. He walks me wearing a paracord halter.

IMAG0489-1-1.jpg

Six and a half year old puppy. He likes ice cream bars. Will lay on the floor for hours in my little machine shop, on metal chips, just to be with me.

I've discovered that there is likely to be a relationship between lack of training/discipline and poor deportment.

Attachments

• z90 007.jpg
    z90 007.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 7
Great posts guys! Heres my 2 pups!

Attachments

• Nates Knife!! 019.jpg
    Nates Knife!! 019.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 9
  • WIP Met 6 027.jpg
    WIP Met 6 027.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 7
I lost two big dogs that were standard poodles within 30 day about three years ago and made up my mind at the time that I was done for a while! The oldest one was 16 yrs. of age and arthritis so bad she couldn't even squat to do her business the last few days, I finally had to make the decision to put her down and then convinced the wife it was the only human option. Standard poodles usual lifespan is only 12 yrs. of age, so she had a good long life.
The younger standard poodle was only 3 yrs. of age and he had been having seizures since about 1 1/2 yrs of age. At about age 3 he had been having them two and three times a day the week he had a massive seizure. In fact he had been to the vet that morning and was scheduled to go back that next afternoon as they were going to try a different seizure medication, to control his seizures better. That night he had a massive seizure and never came out of that one. My wife and I sit with him for nearly three hours that night and though he was still breathing at daylight he would never recover from the seizure. I called the vet the next morning and had him meet me at his office just about daybreak and had him put down.

I just couldn't bring myself to get attached again. Then two years ago my wife became very ill. We don't get out and around much anymore. Se decided she just had to have another dog within a few months of losing the others. She asked me if I cared or not, well of course not but it's your dog! She got her a small poodle and the dog has just been great for her. It was rescued from a kennel that was using her as a breeder. She had been abused by some man and she never has warmed up too me much, she just plain don't like men! She is my wife's heart and she even alerted me one night when my wife passed out and fell in the middle of the night. So I really don't care if she likes me or not. She has a place in my heart and will always be loved by me even if she don't love me!

Well I have been talking about another dog and so the other night I decided it was time and I would rescue this dog from a pound. I started looking at the online site our local pound has and after several photo's I spot what appears to be a young puppy. I told my wife the dog has eyes that I swear can talk to you. I decided this was too be the dog. I told her that night that I was going to see if they still had him in the morning but figured he was probably gone by now! I walked in the pound and told them I was interested in adopting a dog and this is the picture of the dog I would like too see if you still have him. The lady looked it up on her computer and she yes he is still here. She told me where to go see him at and well to make a long story short.

This is Boo he is a lab cross.
Boo.jpg

What he is crossed with the vet said he wasn't sure the traits may come out as he gets older. I am thinking he may have a little hound in him. The only thing they know for sure is someone put him in the drop box as a puppy and the he had worms when they first got him. They said if he hadn't have been sick when they got him and that if hadn't been a puppy they would have already put him down. There facility tries to place all dogs but they only have so much space and limited funding! They told me normally as sick as he was in the beginning he would have been put down. However one of the techs made the decision to take him to the vet and once he was treated he became part of the system. Once treated they make ever effort to save the animal and place them. So it was like fate had been put into motion for Boo at the time!!!
So he has to be fixed but since he is a pup they will wait for a while on that. He was confirmed by the vet as being 4 months of age and they need to be at least 5 months old before they can neuter them.
I had to prepay for the neuter and a rabies shot before they would let me have him. Oh and adoption fee, plus lab work at the vets that wasn't covered under the prepay, a collar and a lead, ID tag, dog food and a kennel until he out of the puppy stage so I can sleep at night without having to sleep with one eye open. Gee I had almost forgot the expense side of dog's!
He is all puppy you can take him out and his attention span is very short.
I like to think of it like this, Boo says, going to the bathroom, oh a bug, oh I need to try and catch the bug,
Boo we are out here to go to the bathroom, Boo says, oh yeah I forgot ,going to the ............... oh an ant.............oh, can I chew on that......spit, spit that tastes bad............:biggrin:

He is smart though I have only had him three days now and he thinks he has to go everywhere I go and he is sitting, shakes, and high fives,.............most of the time!:3: He is going to be a great shop dog I just will have to get him through the puppy stage!

Last edited:
I was just taking my lunch break and thought i would see the latest pup pics.

Very sweet looking doggies! Hatter looks like a real trained KILLER! :biggrin: The Ice Cream Pup looks happy and the black labs look comfortable in the employee lounge.

Boo looks like a real hand full! LOL!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Back