Tips on shields

Holland Bramlitt

Just ordered some roman shields and jig from boss anybody got any tips on putting them in the handles on a slip joint. Never worked with them?

I've only done it this way once, I do all my inlays now on my pantograph mill. Super glue the jigg to the material and use an end mill to remove the material. Drill a hole in the female inlay so when you try the fit you can push it back out from the back side, this will also allow relief from hydraulic pressure if you glue the male part in. If you want a piened pin to hold the inlay in you can drill a shallow hole in the back of your male inlay and insert a stainless pin, silver solder it then put the pin through the hole you drilled then pien it to hold the inlay in place.
I see you are in Florida, if you are close enough you can come by my shop and I'll help you.

Thank you very much for the invite I live in green cove springs it is about an hour south of jacksonville. What town are you in?

Thank you very much for the invite I live in green cove springs it is about an hour south of jacksonville. What town are you in?
Whoa, man youre a long way from me! I'm in Pace, Florida, abput 20 miles east of Pensacola. But if your ever up this way give me a call, I would be happy to see you and give you a shop tour and any advice that might help.

Back