Took a nasty fall !

AkWildman

So last Thursday I loaded the family in the jetboat and we headed out to the homestead for the holiday and to work on our cabin.We got our root cellar all done and Saturday afternoon after a long day of hard hot work we all went down to one of the lakes to cool off and clean up.We went back to my father in-laws place were we stay while we are building and were going to put our wet stuff on the cllothes line and the line had jumped the pulley out on the tree.I grabed a old aluminium ladder to fix it.Got up the ladder and fixed the line .on the way up I noticed it was doing a lot of flexing.I started to come down and the wife said hay that ladder looks unstable and I said ya it feels prity janky.The words no more left my mouth and the ladder did a complete twist and I fell from 15 feet landing flat on my back.It was soft ground but a tree root was exposed and sticking up from the ground and it got me just left of my spine above the left hip.My family ran to my aid were the found me on my hands and knees thrashing around in the brush like a wounded bear.I laid up at dad's till yesterday when the pain was managable enough to make the 2 mile 4 wheeler ride down to the river and 35 mile run back to the landing.Went to see the Dr and after lots of testing no broken bones or internals.Just smashed the dickens out of the mussles.It feels like I'm being stung by bee's and comes and goes.I got some good pain pills and am doing my best to keep moving.I hope to get some work done this afternoon.Could use some prayers ! Thanks Paul

close call. could have been a lot worse.
I hope you heal up soon..
t

Thanks Tracy,I know I got lucky,I broke my back while serving and that's no fun ! This fall sure took the wind out of my sails and made me realize I'm no longer a young guy that can just get up and shake it off and do it again.

I feel some of your pain, I fell down a short flight of stairs and landed on my back just under the lowest rib on the right. That night I couldn't even turn over in bed. A chiropractor trip fixed it mostly but the muscles were really bruised.
You heal up and stay off ladders!

OUCH!
I am wishing you a fast and complete recovery! After two back surgeries for other reasons I decided that I don't do ladder's any more! If I took that fall that you did I might not be able to walk again? I let/pay the younger more able bodied do ladders these days.

Well today I'm feeling I bit better.The bee sting sensation is gone and now it's just a little sore and stiff.Still don't have full range of motion yet but with the stinging gone I feel great,got some work done last night on my Dewcarta knife.Thanks for the prayers.

Good to hear you are on the mend. Take good care and post us some knife pics. Posting knife pics is great therapy. :biggrin:

Wade

Thanks everyone,I'm still sore as all get out but managed to make it through my work hitch and am back home now taking it easy.

A person sure can get injured quick!!! but it takes a LOT longer to heal..... and the old I get, the longer it takes. Be Careful!

Ken

Back