Torch Tempering Questions

Usaknifemaker sells the burner and regulator for 50 bucks. Is this good for a two brick design? Or if I can swing the price just get their mini atlas forge? I am thinking to make a two brick design with this burner or can design with that burner. Om not sure which would be easier to make. Then I think if I can muster ip the money just get one already built correctly.

Welcome to KDs.
I am mostly a stock removal maker so I will let those much more qualified help you with the HTing and building of a forge etc..

My 2 cents is that, if you have some money and want to get going on knife making? Buy the best tools for the job you can possibly afford.

I always say, Only cry once! Not every time you use it and think, Darn! for another $$ I could of bought the better tool and be spending my time making knives instead of screwing around with this junky stuff!

Have fun.

I understand We will look into if the forge can be swung or not. For the time, will the burner they offer be ok for a two brick forge or is it to large? 30K burner and 0-20psi regulator.

Thanks

Back