Two Unfinished - better pics

Sorry that I used an antiquated expression on you young folks. Y'all should know by now that I was just funnin and meant no harm.

I use EXTREMELY light pressure. You can actually get a “mirror shine” on steel with 60 grit belts. I kinda think that it’s a waste to use a higher grit at first. Basically, I hog off a bunch of material with the 60’s, then use very light pressure, which is honestly the only way that I can manage to get things flat, and square everything up. Super light pressure causes shallow scratches. I’m 99.99% sure that I’m doing that all wrong lol. Honestly, I use such light pressure that sometimes I go 60, 120, 220, 320, then buff. The attached picture is of a piece of Koa fresh off the 60’s. It’s
just the way I have always done it. Never really thought about it, because it was just a natural byproduct of going slow and using light pressure.
I didn't mean to imply you were doing any thing wrong :). Maybe I should try it on the next blade I make with curly Gidgee.

I didn't mean to imply you were doing any thing wrong :). Maybe I should try it on the next blade I make with curly Gidgee.
I didn’t take it that way at all lol. I just figured someone would jump in and say I’m wrong because 99.99% of the time I am. Truly.

by the way that wood is pretty. I like it.

So, let me see if I get this.... so “palaverin” is kinda like @Bruce McLeishin’ Boom. Drops mic. Moonwalks out room. It’s Friday y’all!!!!

Back