UPDATED: You ever see something wrong

When I'm drawing or sketching on paper I've found it helpful to hold my drawing up to a mirror so I can see the reverse image. That has given me good insight when proportions don't look right.

Of course on a computer you can just flip the drawing. But I like drawing it out by hand. I think there is more creative freedom that way.

I wouldn't know how to start using the computer to draw a knife but I did one today by using various of my present patterns to put together what I am thinking of. It seems that I can "see" what I want in my mind and just have to find the aparopriate curves and lines to put it on paper. Generally get it very close to what I intended with very little in the way of tweaking needed before I make one up from wood to test feel where there might be subtle changes when I can then make one for real.
I wanted to do a trailing point skinner as I know that a lot of Americans will prefer this style to the drop point skinner even thugh there have been quite a few that have ordered the drop point skinner which is a much more popular style over here

Will have a 4 3/4 in blade and am going to call it the buffalo skinner
wi6tn4Z.jpg

Last edited:
Back