"w" liner lock

Mr. Helton,
What did the new owner think of this knife?
Dozier

Well I couldnt tell you what he thinks yet, the knife has been to the big apple walked around the streets abit in a mail bag,probally caught a few sights and now It has some extra writting on it and its safely back in Oklahoma. The new owner(you) should really like it when it gets back to the big apple. I sure do appericate your patience on this mix up boss.

Lator Gator
Biggen

Ain't you BIG MAN, all me on this mess up. Thanks for being so patient with this old man, I do have CRS at times.
Looking forward to seeing it. "anticipation" and all that. Good luck at the show this weekend too.
Dozier

btw, I figured the knife will have over (approx 1500 x 3) 4500 miles, (probably more since I doubt the USPS goes in a straight line)
on it by the time it gets to me. Does that make it well traveled?

Last edited:
Finally Arrived

Well, it is here. My limited vocabulary will curtail a really good explanation of this knife so I'll keep it simple.
Mr. Helton did a fine job. First rate. We discussed what I wanted, he told me what he was going to do, and here it is. His damascus and the "dillo" scales really compliment each other. No pocket clip, he thought it would detract from the unit and he thought my idea of making a clip that looked like an armadillo tail was a "bit" much, but he was nice about it.
This is my first damascus so I can't judge it other than to say it really looks good and I like it, alot. The file work is tremedous, well done, complete throught the whole unit, and tasteful. A rather light unit so it is no issue to carry, very comfortable in hand. There is a slight "ripple" when opening the blade, Mr. Helton said it is the indent ball rubbing on the damascus, which is neat, very smooth opening and closing, no catches or bumps.
Mr. Helton was a pleasure to deal with. Returned all emails and phone calls in a timely manner. Sometimes he was hard to understand, with his Okie accent I think :)rolleyes:). He didn't get upset when I gave him the wrong address to ship it to, even tried to share the blame that was all mine.
If you have any questions I'll be happy to try and answer.
I'd have to give Mr. Helton and his work high scores. Get em now before he knows what he's worth.
Dozier

Well, it is here. My limited vocabulary will curtail a really good explanation of this knife so I'll keep it simple.
Mr. Helton did a fine job. First rate. We discussed what I wanted, he told me what he was going to do, and here it is. His damascus and the "dillo" scales really compliment each other. No pocket clip, he thought it would detract from the unit and he thought my idea of making a clip that looked like an armadillo tail was a "bit" much, but he was nice about it.
This is my first damascus so I can't judge it other than to say it really looks good and I like it, alot. The file work is tremedous, well done, complete throught the whole unit, and tasteful. A rather light unit so it is no issue to carry, very comfortable in hand. There is a slight "ripple" when opening the blade, Mr. Helton said it is the indent ball rubbing on the damascus, which is neat, very smooth opening and closing, no catches or bumps.
Mr. Helton was a pleasure to deal with. Returned all emails and phone calls in a timely manner. Sometimes he was hard to understand, with his Okie accent I think :)rolleyes:). He didn't get upset when I gave him the wrong address to ship it to, even tried to share the blame that was all mine.
If you have any questions I'll be happy to try and answer.
I'd have to give Mr. Helton and his work high scores. Get em now before he knows what he's worth.
Dozier

Well boss I dont know if it is the okie accent or if it was the fumes off the forge. O shoot if you combine them,,,,,, well I guess it would be hard for a city boy to understand:p All fun aside I do appericate doing buissness with you and feel like I made a new friend. Be good and keep the doggie happy:running dog:

Back