Wakazashi on the bench

keithf

Have not posted here for a while, but I have been busy, truly! Here is the wak I'm working on at the moment. Hand forged W2, 18 1/2" shinogi-zukuri.Sorry for the crappy pics. Still can't take a decent photo :eek: Any comments welcome and thanks for looking.
Cheers Keith
_MG_2560.jpg_MG_2563_2.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. Progress? I have been taking some pics to show my customer a little of what the steps are. I'll post em up
Cheers Keith

Thought I would not bore you all with the process but here is the finished piece. I would have liked to keep this one for a while but its off to its new home. I'll jusst have to make another one I geuss. Comments welcome and thanks for looking.
Cheers Keith
WAKIZASHI-1.jpg

Beautiful. Can't imagine how many hours you would have put into this masterpiece
Thanks Gary. Yeah it kept me down in the shop for a bit. As for being a masterpiece ? Well I don't know about that. It is the best I've done so far, but I don't think any maker can truly say that this last piece is the best of his / her work. In my mind anyway always striving to do that little bit more.
Cheers Keith

that is inspirational work. great blade, and I love the tsuba.
kc
Thank you Kevin, I wasn't to sure about the tsuba as I was making it, but I reckon it makes the whole thing pop. Got a couple on the go ( well a start at least) at the moment and will post em up when I'm done. Thanks again.
Cheers Keith

Back