What We Have Here.....

leatherman

Sheath Forum Moderator
Is an amazing collection of sheath making talent!

None of the forums I frequent have such a range, or are as active as this one.

Thanks everyone for making this sub forum such a nice place to moderate (it really runs itself) and an amazing resource!

A huge thanks to Dave Cole for being my right hand here, your doing a fantastic job my friend!

Thanks bud, it's been my pleasure.We have a great group here.Dave:)

Thanks bud, it's been my pleasure.We have a great group here.Dave:)

I was just at your web site doing the "shop tour". it is a nicly done site by the way. i have a question, what is it that you are using to punch the sheath holes? it does not look like a drill bit. Just wondering. thanks

UncleBilly

It was a drill bit, just reversed in the chuck.I sharpen the shank of various sizes of drill bits the use as punches.This allows me to do different size threads or lace. Drilling the holes conventionally tears up the leather too much IMO and it doesn't allow the hole to close on the thread or lace as easily.Dave:)

One of the tricks I had learned over the years is that when I made the holes, I drilled the holes with a sheet rock nail which I had cut the head off. It is a size that allows you to pull one thread through and the second thread with needle is a very tight fit. The point of the nail also spreads and burnished the hole to make it very smooth.

Many times I will use a small finish nail in a milling machine to poke holes. Then I use a diamond awl while sewing. It's much easier for me to use the awl.

I'm pretty new to knife forums, I've been around a few other computer forums for a few years. This forum is really tops in the way members treat each other. I've not seen anyone treated with disrepect, thats huge in todays world.
Good mods & good folks2thumbs

I'm pretty new to knife forums, I've been around a few other computer forums for a few years. This forum is really tops in the way members treat each other. I've not seen anyone treated with disrepect, thats huge in todays world.
Good mods & good folks2thumbs

.....and you just ADD to the quality of the group.2thumbs

Paul

:) Thanks Paul. By the way, thats one cool sheath on the Thread for the Sam Brown studs2thumbs I like layout a bunch.

Back