What's come off the mountain lately...

J. Neilson

Here are some the most recent pieces I've finished up, I hope you like 'em....

A small Saw-blade "German Chef's" style w/ Cocobola....
small_german_chef_s.jpg

A Saw-blade "Santoku-style" w/ Red Padauk...
santoku_saw_blade_in_padauk.jpg

A "Rough Neck" belt knife in Buckeye w/ Elk teeth inset in the scales...
rough_neck_with_elk_teeth.jpg

The same as above but, without the teeth...
rough_neck.jpg

A "Pocket Drop-point" in Ironwood Burl and Giraffe with my "antiqued" finish...
pocket_drop_point.jpg

This is an off-shoot of my "Little Coffin" necker set up for neck or belt carry...
neck_belt_knife.jpg

My "Dark Lightning" Bowie in accorian-cut "W"s with presentation grade I.W.B....
dark_lightning_bowie.jpg

A Scandi-Bushcraft in Curly Maple with "Celtic Knot" silver wire inlay...
celtic_knot_s_b.jpg

Scandi-bushcraft blades in my "bare blade" offerings...
blade_scandi_bushcraft.jpg

That blade with accordion-cut Ws is stunning. I'll bet the ironwood looks much better in person.

The knotwork on the scandi is really nice too.

Thanks guys. I appreciate that.

Your right Dan. That IWB is awesome! I can't get a great photo of it but, I'm planning on having Chuck Ward take a photo of that one at the Little Rock Show. I know he'll show it off well.

Yeah, I did a couple rendezvous events and wanted to make a few traditional/primitive knives at a reasonable cost. Many of those old knives I've seen in the books looked like big, old kitchen knives made from what was laying around so I made my first few saw-blade knives for those events. It was my customers that decided these were good kitchen knives, not me..... but, I don't argue when my regulars tell me what works.

I'm very drawn to your knives, I like the hidden tang styles most of all. Everything about them appeals to me from the blade finish to the handles and everything in between. You did a button guard knife with a clip point blade awhile back that is if i had to pick a single knife......my favorite.

Hey I remember that one SoL! I've really liked that one as well and have been meaning to make another as soon as I have the time.
Thanks again.

Back