What's going on in your shop?

Working on a sheath today. A new design for me - using a stud and frog to attach to the belt. First time working with shark leather too. I love the texture of it.

IMG_4862.jpegIMG_4860.jpeg
Just need to sort out a few last bits on how I’m going to put it all together.

Made a little tool for hidden hardware, been wanting to do this for years.
This will potentially be a game changer for my folder builds. Both active and future.
i have just the right style build to try it on at the moment as well.
View attachment 83158View attachment 83159
Sure does look neat, but what in the world do you use that for? Yea, I know "hidden hardware":) Since I only make slipjoints I can't imagine how I would use a tool like that.

Sure does look neat, but what in the world do you use that for? Yea, I know "hidden hardware":) Since I only make slipjoints I can't imagine how I would use a tool like that.
I'd say you may even be able to use it in slip joints, once the mechanics are all done with the liners, you would be able to have scales with no screws or pins showing! I'd not thought of using it for slip joints but I think it may still be usable!
My goal is for linerlocks to show zero hardware. Don't know how many times I'll scrap a part in the process, but once I have it down I think it'll be really cool

Time to pick out some handle material and finish up this stockman
99fb2e85ba4f92e84fbce65f0bf861ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Finished the stockman
1b1a8603d64ee58f78ba6e201f80d157.jpg

That is one impressive slipjoint. I've made several single bladed slipjoints but never had the nerve to try a Stockman. A stockman is what my Dad carried all his life. I do have to ask, is that a reflection in the bolsters? OR, a "crease" you put to match the crease thru the scale (mammoth?). Sure does look good. Congrats on a job well done.

Last edited:
That is one impressive slipjoint. I've made several single bladed slipjoints but never had the nerve to try a Stockman. A stockman is what my Dad carried all his life. I do have to ask, is that a reflection in the bolsters? OR, a "crease" you put to math the crease thru the scale (mammoth?). Sure does look good. Congrats on a job well done.
Thank you! It's not a crease, just a reflection of the shadow box I use... knives are pretty tricky to get really good pics of without some sort of reflection or washout, especially when theres 3 blades!haha

That's not your usual style. But I like it.
Thanks. I had this pattern water jetted from a large lumber head saw. After putting this one together I’m goin to tweak the shape a little. I’m not asking a lot for these as I’m not spending much time on fit and finish. But they’ll do the job as a truck machete if we ever experience a WTSHTF event.

Back