What's going on in your shop?

I just finished this damascus blade. Now for fittings and a handle. Getting this one ready for the Blade show.

34357316930_a11ab9578c_c.jpg

Nice! That one is popping! I like when you do a Damascus one every now and then!

KDX very clean. I like the belt finish on that.

I still have some dialling in to do. But I'm really liking the yellow liner with the blackwood.
IMG_20170521_112243019.jpg

Thanks. It's in the tumbler now. I like the finish, but it's a finger print magnet and it's a working knife so it might as well get stone washed.

Done. I love the blackwood. I say this about every knife I make. But this one I truly wish I could keep.
IMG_20170521_165211210.jpg

Last edited:
That looks awesome ty. Same to you kdx. By the way, what is the name of type of file/grinder work that you have on the top of your blade?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I used a checkering file. 20 lines per inch if I remember right.

Thanks. I used a checkering file. 20 lines per inch if I remember right.

Thanks... but I was not clear with my question. What I mean to ask is what is that type of file work called? As in I know it's not a vine, but it must be called something I would think. I want to google it but I don't know what it's called... lol. The part that I'm talking about looks like one would file across the spine, but you would hold the file say 30 degrees from horizontal.

Thanks... but I was not clear with my question. What I mean to ask is what is that type of file work called? As in I know it's not a vine, but it must be called something I would think. I want to google it but I don't know what it's called... lol. The part that I'm talking about looks like one would file across the spine, but you would hold the file say 30 degrees from horizontal.

I've always referred to it as jimping

Back