What's going on in your shop?

On vacation this week from my “regular” job. Getting a little done in the knife shop.
Buckeye burl and olive drab G10.
View attachment 70977
View attachment 70978
This one is for a Christmas order. Hybrid wood.
View attachment 70979
View attachment 70980
I’m looking forward to getting that one done. Have a few ahead of it that I need to do first but I should finish it by the end of the week. I’ll post it.
Any chance there’s a tutorial out there for how you fit those different materials up? It looks really awesome.

I have
I have a tutorial on my website of making a knife from start to finish but those are single scales and liners. Not dovetailed. It’s very simple to do. I have another in line that I’ll be using this material on. I could put together a quick tutorial if there’s any interest in it. May take me awhile to get to it though. 3E37CEE4-448E-4FC1-BAFE-9C4027683086.jpeg

I have

I have a tutorial on my website of making a knife from start to finish but those are single scales and liners. Not dovetailed. It’s very simple to do. I have another in line that I’ll be using this material on. I could put together a quick tutorial if there’s any interest in it. May take me awhile to get to it though. View attachment 70985

Ok awesome! Thanks. Very nice website by the way! It looks fabulous

Yesterday a Bowie FAIL was going on in my shop!! Wasn't paying close enough attention to the center line was and went WAY over. Left no room on the other side to create a plunge. This was a critical fail with no chance of recovery. Shame because the side I was working on looked great for
only be at 40 grit. ☹️

Attachments

• IMG_20191201_064455_966.jpg
    IMG_20191201_064455_966.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20191201_060440__01__01.jpg
    IMG_20191201_060440__01__01.jpg
    890.8 KB · Views: 10
Yesterday a Bowie FAIL was going on in my shop!! Wasn't paying close enough attention to the center line was and went WAY over. Left no room on the other side to create a plunge. This was a critical fail with no chance of recovery. Shame because the side I was working on looked great for
only be at 40 grit. ☹

Nice profile.
I also did that to one. Recovered the blade by making it a full 1/4"+ narrower to re-center the the line. The profile I was working with could accommodate it.

Nice profile.
I also did that to one. Recovered the blade by making it a full 1/4"+ narrower to re-center the the line. The profile I was working with could accommodate it.
good idea not sure if I work here because this was only 1/8 stock to begin with. Pretty much zero room on the other side to continue the plunge.

Back