What's going on in your shop?

I got the last billet cleaned up.
This one is Zirconium with three types of Titanium alloys.
Zirc throws hot, burning sparks when milled. I had to stop and clean up swarf before doing too much so I didn't burn the place down.

And here are all three billets. The one of the left is for back spacer bars so it is flat lines and will only show the edge. This one is about .350" thick and I may end up squeezing it a bit more down to .200" or so.
The middle one is 2 types of Titanium. 6al and 6242.
The one of the right is Zirconium with three types of Ti. 6al, 6242 and grade 2 which is pure Ti.
Both of these came out around .130" thick which will work well for a frame lock or bolsters.

3 Ti damascs.jpg

I think I burned ~80 gal in the shop last year. I put a 80k hanging heater. I went with the fan blown type heater cuz I figured it would warm it the quickest for short periods like in the evening after work. I did leave it on a couple of overnights when it was super cold and I had to be in there for sure. If I was heating full time, I'd probably do them tube style radiant heaters on the ceiling.

I think I burned ~80 gal in the shop last year. I put a 80k hanging heater. I went with the fan blown type heater cuz I figured it would warm it the quickest for short periods like in the evening after work. I did leave it on a couple of overnights when it was super cold and I had to be in there for sure. If I was heating full time, I'd probably do them tube style radiant heaters on the ceiling.
is that your propane for ht also?

Lots and lots of hand sanding.

77491B89-A86F-4416-B74C-45D6D5BC2ECA.jpg

Back