What's your production EDC today?

No cellphone, nothing battery operated. Both Knives handed down from father to son to grandson. The Ka-Bar I re-scaled with walnut. Simple is good

Attachments

• IMG_1188.jpg
    IMG_1188.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 104
Today, a Benchmade Dejavoo, Spyderco Bob T Slipit, Remington Camillus made scout model and a David Farmer EDC, for my big paws.

today and every day a cheapo Army woodland pattern SAK Tinker because that's the first knife i ever owned and was given by my biological father who's in the military as well.

It'll be my EDC until I can afford a custom texas toothpick :)

Well, I just couldn't get past the linerlock on the Dejavoo. Back on the trading block. My other Dejavoos, the linerlocks stuck, this one, it releases too easily for me. I'm trying the 760 Lum Ti today, but I don't know about it either.

Queen MountainMan lockback purchased from AG Russell about 18 months ago. Has held up very well.

Similar to a Buck 110 but much lighter, with prettier wood/hardware and better steel. Slight wiggle in the blade, but it locks TIGHT. I carry it on my belt in a basic leather pouch I also got from AG Russell. Glad I got mine when I did, it's now listing for $20 more than I paid. Still worth the money, though.

Last edited:
This took quite a bit of work before becoming an EDC washers had to be changed out to allow for smooth fipper action. Teflon washers are not a good use in this application brass/ bronze is and I laped up a couple in an hours time to fit precisely. The edge still needs a lot of work but that is not agreeable with my abilities. Down the road I will switch it to tip up for more of an ergonomic natural deployment.

GMCRKT.jpg

Today a Spyderco Caly 3 CFP. Nice size for an EDC. Had to try out the ZDP-189 blade steel. Other days Small Sebenza with Canvas Micarta or Lone Wolf DA Diablo. So many to carry and so little time.

Extrema Ratio MPC
Benchmade 760bk LFTi
Wenger EvoGrip18

EDC_2010_04_72dpi.jpg

I had a Lum mailed to me like that one last week. Wish they made that one in a different blade shape because thats a fine knife! I can't say I liked the pocket clip position but I do like how they incorporated a lock block with it.2thumbs

STR

Benchmade Griptillian... all day everyday! I have carried it everyday since Christmas 2009. My favorite pocket knife to date.

I have two. I have my Emerson CQC-16 in my jeans and at my ellbow I have the standard model Spyderco Native CPMS30V.

(BTW, that Native is the reason I am here. It had such a poor bevel replete with some kind of a grinding wheel divot that this knife is not for sale. I came here after a member recommended that the cutlers here might have some suggestions.)

I recently cary these two.

e3350a80.jpg

I switch between my Manix2 and a PXL for 'users' and for a 'tactical' between my Nemesis and a 0301.
If only one knife can come, I choose for my BM610 Rukus.

c9fd5364.jpg

abbb3de5-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice EDC's. 2thumbs
I'm back with Strider... SnG FFG Tanto. :bud:

Benchmade mini-ambush or an HK/Snody AXIS drop-point, which one depends on where im going.

Here are mine...

Other than introducing myself, this will be my first post.. Look forward to many more...

Today I am carrying a Cold Steel 4" Ti-Lite, and Spyderco Bug, and a Cold Steel Delta Dart... Here they are:

Attachments

• CSti_lite.jpg
    CSti_lite.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 13
  • spydercobug.jpg
    spydercobug.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 14
  • delta dart.jpg
    delta dart.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 19
When I leave the house I grab one of these four. I've had the bottom one for 30 years and it's about used up.

edc002.jpg

Squawsach- Shop smart. Shop S Mart!!hahaha

Standard run of the mill Benchmade Ultra Presidio Ultra #522
440C Axis 3.45" (I think) hollow ground (a little too thin at the tip) but love it just the same.

My BUCK/TOPS CSAR (Combat Search and Rescue) Tactical Knife, with Black & Blue Paracord Lanyard.

Attachments

• BUCk TOPS CSAR Knife.jpg
    BUCk TOPS CSAR Knife.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 24
Back