WoooooHooooo

Chris Railey

Got my 27D back from KB Electronics and my grinder is back up and running once more. I have a Sgian Dubh planned for tomorrow and a Metal detecting friend just dropped off some old true wrought Iron he found while metal detecting on an old farm. Can you say San-mai....?
Just a bit of it advice though, if you do send a drive back to KB electronics when you receive it everything inside will be reset to default settings. You will have to go back and change all of your jumpers again.

Got my 27D back from KB Electronics and my grinder is back up and running once more. I have a Sgian Dubh planned for tomorrow and a Metal detecting friend just dropped off some old true wrought Iron he found while metal detecting on an old farm. Can you say San-mai....?
Just a bit of it advice though, if you do send a drive back to KB electronics when you receive it everything inside will be reset to default settings. You will have to go back and change all of your jumpers again.
Looking forward to seeing the Sgian Dubh, any sketches or peeks on the sketch?

I drew it up on Q-CAD so I will post the sketch shortly. Its for my wife because she is a super-fan of your Outlander show. Well, that and she just helped me overhaul my entire shop. Let me tell you, she is an organizational skills ninja. I have way more space now and everything has a home. Anyway, I decided to go a little away from history and make it a full tang so I can make the entire knife more flat and easier to hide in her purse. I do not have any bog oak for the handle but I think I will use dark wood because its traditional. The main problem I am having is It will show a plunge grind because its full tang and the shape does not allow me to go plunge-less. We will see how that goes as these were plunge-less in history.

Back