Wrong blade on Porta Band???

Wavy= The teeth are slightly offset side to side.....which makes a bit wider kerf when cutting. Wavy blades will clog less, but leave a wider kerf.
Straight= Teeth are aligned straight, with makes as narrow a cut as the blade's thickness will allow. Straight blades will leave a more narrow kerf then a wavy blade....but are more prone to the gullets clogging, which creates the "burn" I mentioned earlier.

I think you'll like the wavy 18TPI blades.

The only thing I was getting at is the price per blade....much better deal if you can catch them on Ebay, and especially if you buy 25 or 50 at a time..... in past I've gotten those 18TPI/8% cobalt blade for as little as $2.25 each....but I had to buy 100 to get it. What I ended up doing was splitting the 100 and it's cost with another individual.....worked out well for both of us.

Wavy= The teeth are slightly offset side to side.....which makes a bit wider kerf when cutting. Wavy blades will clog less, but leave a wider kerf.
Straight= Teeth are aligned straight, with makes as narrow a cut as the blade's thickness will allow. Straight blades will leave a more narrow kerf then a wavy blade....but are more prone to the gullets clogging, which creates the "burn" I mentioned earlier.

I think you'll like the wavy 18TPI blades.

The only thing I was getting at is the price per blade....much better deal if you can catch them on Ebay, and especially if you buy 25 or 50 at a time..... in past I've gotten those 18TPI/8% cobalt blade for as little as $2.25 each....but I had to buy 100 to get it. What I ended up doing was splitting the 100 and it's cost with another individual.....worked out well for both of us.
Yes wicked good deal. I am trying to build up my supplies. I really appreciated the softening tip. It will help when I drill the holes also . I ruin so many cobalt bits and they are expensive. I cut a piece of cheap steel 3/16 angle iron on the saw today. Went through it like butter.

Ed is it possible for you to give us the name of who sells the blades cheaper? Or are the blades we see the provider? 25 blades are still at $5 something ea. I didn't see an option for more.

Hi Jesse.... the guy changes his Ebay ID, because the more a seller sells, the more of the $$$$ Ebay takes...... and he's not constantly selling. From talking to him on the phone, he's a retired guy, who picks up and goes whenever he wants, from weeks to months. He told me what I've told everyone already.... search for "44 7/8" 8% cobalt" and if anything pops up, and if it's him......the locatoin will be Florida. I've been buying off him for years, it's just on his terms, which I'm OK with. :)

Ed I see what you mean about the blade length. The saws are sold all over with the high level of Chinese products sold here now. The cost of the blades are over twice the price of a good blade. I actually thought that would be a easy fix. lol,,,, Because of my profession the first thing that came to mind was pick up an old blade welder and buy bulk cobalt blade. EASY!!!

Then I started looking at welders for sale. Even "OLD" ones I would have a problem with having them in my shop. $$$$ A new Grizzly is just over 500. Now plane B. Keep looking for a old welder and start looking for a older saw in good shape.

I thought the same thing about getting a blade welder, and the material.....particularly for my big 7 x 12 metal cutting saw that takes 7'-9" (93") blades...... WHEW!!! You are dead on....those buggers are PRICEY.....not just the welder, but the blade materials made me gasp! :)

Back