Wrought iron pipehawk

Robert Mayo

I just finished this one for a client it is 18 1/2" overall with a 5" head from bit to the top of the bowl and a 2" edge.
Thanks for looking and your comments.

Cheers Bob
PennysHawk3.jpg

PennysHawk4.jpg

PennysHawk5.jpg

Very Sweet!
Did you burn the hole all the way through it W a red hot rod or drill it?

Very Sweet!
Did you burn the hole all the way through it W a red hot rod or drill it?

Thanks for the comments folks!
N.D. i wish i could tell you that i burned it through with a red hot rod but i buy my hafts with the hole already drilled through.

Bob

Thanks for the comments folks!
N.D. i wish i could tell you that i burned it through with a red hot rod but i buy my hafts with the hole already drilled through.

Bob

Well Lookout Mr. cause here come the questions!!!

So . . ah . . I guess that means some one else makes those beautifully delicious grained wood hafts, right . . care to share the name W us? Hmmmm?...
Regardless, it works for you, the head looks awesome too!

How do you make a useful cutting tool from Wrought iron, I always thought that it wouldn't work well for that?

Well Lookout Mr. cause here come the questions!!!

So . . ah . . I guess that means some one else makes those beautifully delicious grained wood hafts, right . . care to share the name W us? Hmmmm?...
Regardless, it works for you, the head looks awesome too!

How do you make a useful cutting tool from Wrought iron, I always thought that it wouldn't work well for that?

Ok Mark i will start with the last question first it's closest:p.

If you look at the photo you can see the dark part where the edge or bitt is, this is a piece of 1080 forge welded in the center of the two ends of the wrought iron which gives you a hardenable edge.

Not at all i found the source of these hafts on the forums by info shared by others they are expensive but my clients deserve nothing but the best:rolleyes:.
http://www.dunlapwoodcrafts.com/
They are not listed on there website but just ph. and ask.

Cheers Bob

Ok Mark i will start with the last question first it's closest:p.

If you look at the photo you can see the dark part where the edge or bitt is, this is a piece of 1080 forge welded in the center of the two ends of the wrought iron which gives you a hardenable edge.

Not at all i found the source of these hafts on the forums by info shared by others they are expensive but my clients deserve nothing but the best:rolleyes:.
http://www.dunlapwoodcrafts.com/
They are not listed on there website but just ph. and ask.

Cheers Bob

:DThanks, that is very sweet work; I just have 1 more new question for you, Who's Mark?:p :bud:

Back