Yeah, I'm still here! My latest...

Anthony, that is outstanding work on that one!! Love it!!

The story, the tribute, and the honoring of the man's life. That is a special blade!!

AEBL blade, 303 SS bolsters, corby's, custom etch on backside, redwood burl. The wood is neat and was provided by the customer. It was cut in california over 100 years ago by his great grandfather! He brought me a piece and I stabilized it with Cactus Juice.
No pressure to make sure you get it right the first time there...Great knife the dovetail bolsters are great and that handle...I am guessing you did the jimping with a chainsaw file but it is perfectly spaced...Well done sir.

No pressure to make sure you get it right the first time there...Great knife the dovetail bolsters are great and that handle...I am guessing you did the jimping with a chainsaw file but it is perfectly spaced...Well done sir.
Yeah, not only the wood being special but I had a strict deadline to meet. It was presented at his retirement party and I was still putting an edge on it at midnight the night before!

I gotta say.....YOU have come a LONG way since we first encountered each other! You're fit and finish is outstanding, and more importantly, the attention to detail is wonderful!!
Thanks Ed. By the numbers I'm still a newbie at heart. I've probably made about 50 knives total, but I only serial # the ones I sell. This was #39 for me, working on #40 now. I've been practicing forging more lately, hope to get good enough for Journeyman test in a couple more years.

Back