Your Deer Blades

Meridian Blades

Moderator - Knife Maker
Since deer season will be here soon I just thought maybe we could get some pictures of the blade you take hunting with you, and why you like it. (for example...the blade is thin and well shaped for skinning, or it has a gut hook and I like to use that for gutting the deer, etc) Maybe your dad gave you that blade.....either way take a pic or two and tell us why you like it for deer hunting. :D

Also I dunno if you guys butcher your own deer, but if you use that same blade or something different that would be interesting to know too.

Thanks fellas
Larry

This year i will be carrying bill coyes ridgeback and also james williams hunter.I normaly carry my knives of alaska set...here's a few pic's. Yes i butcher my own . I will post some pictures of my buther knives soon.

Attachments

• guns 2 006 (600 x 451).jpg
    guns 2 006 (600 x 451).jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 75
  • bills knife 013 (400 x 301).jpg
    bills knife 013 (400 x 301).jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 73
Yer knife...............

Larry,

I really don't mean to be a pain in the who-ha...............but

I don't see a pic of YOUR hunting knife!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Can we see yours??? Pleeeeeze?????.......:beg:

-Tim

One of My Siska's

This one is with me Hunting and Upstate at all times!!2thumbs

Picture19976.jpg

Picture19977.jpg

This was restore job I did for a friend, but my first hunting knife looked a lot like this one. Mine is long gone. Thats kinda why I started the thread to get some ideas about what works well for people.

Larry

Before.jpg

This pic is how I found out that my little nephew had started hunting! I had to set my sister straight that no one in my family goes hunting without a real knife!

med_1229713736-Jon_and_deer.jpg

So I had to make the lad something to beat up. I didn't worry to much about fit and finish with this one as I am gonna turn a 15 year old kid loose on it in the woods of Minnesota. :D

med_1229713767-Knife_for_Jon_001.jpg

This blade had been hanging on the wall for quite a while, it was hanging on the nail that the boring stuff goes on, but I thought that it would work well for this.

med_1229713776-Knife_for_Jon_003.jpg

Let's hope he doesn't loose it 2thumbs

med_1232402230-john_and_knife.jpg

Thanks Les

Excellent Les....Just what I was looking for. Blaze orange too. Thanks for posting those pics, and good luck to him this fall.

Larry

This pic is how I found out that my little nephew had started hunting! I had to set my sister straight that no one in my family goes hunting without a real knife!

med_1229713736-Jon_and_deer.jpg

So I had to make the lad something to beat up. I didn't worry to much about fit and finish with this one as I am gonna turn a 15 year old kid loose on it in the woods of Minnesota. :D

med_1229713767-Knife_for_Jon_001.jpg

This blade had been hanging on the wall for quite a while, it was hanging on the nail that the boring stuff goes on, but I thought that it would work well for this.

med_1229713776-Knife_for_Jon_003.jpg

Let's hope he doesn't loose it 2thumbs

med_1232402230-john_and_knife.jpg

Please sir more detail on the knife. That is a great looking knife.

Nice knife Nathan! It looks like you wont have to worry about knicking the bladder while your field dressing :D looks like it'll be handy during peeling him too! Im pretty sure I remember you selling a batch of these in micarta and osage orange about a year ago.

Jason

This is a cross between a case and buck knife.
My thinkings on this design are that there are really only two difficult areas when gutting a deer.Skinning a deer is a process that you cant do in Indiana until the deer is checked in so I have another knife for that and didnt put that in this design. I wanted a blade long enough to easily reach up in the cavity to cut out as much wind pipe as possible. On the other end I wanted a blade that was narrow enough and long enough to easily cut out the intestine in the pelvis area with out hacking it up. Some guys split the pelvis....I dont. The blade on this is still wider then I want.

Last edited:
Back