AK-47/74 Thread

Nice new toy for the collection Bill. I wish I still had the AK similar to this one I carried during OIF II. It was one of the ones with the under folding stock. We had confiscated it from an insurgent and it was still brand new (never fired). Heck, it still had cosmalene in the receiver. It's a shame they won't let us bring war trophys home, I would love to have kept it.

9da1df91.jpg

The next project: AK 105 5.45x39 12.5" bbl with folding stock.

;)

Iwas seriously contemplating picking up an AK the other day. They had an AK-47 pistol for sale at the BX on Little Rock AFB when I was there on Thursday. If I had been by myself it may have come home to hide in the closet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very fond of my ARs but the AK has really shown itself to be an incredibly reliable piece of equipment.

I've taken a couple AK classes and it's a lot of fun to run ~ when you do wind up purchasing one, it's really going to grow on you.

Besides, 5.45 in pretty cheap to shoot :)

I tried running some Lake City surplus ammo thru my RRA and was getting 1.5-2" groups. With the handloads my brother worked up for me I'm getting less than 0.5" groups. I love the hand loads, but the price sucks ($325+ for 500 rds.). I'm kinda liking the idea of having a weapon I can run the chespest, nastiest, most corrosive rounds in the world through and still be fairly accurate for the weapon's capabilities.

I have to hand it to Kalishnikov, the man developed probably the most bullet proof weapon design ever.

100_11152.jpg

100_11142.jpg

Man, you guys are killing me trying to keep this thread alive

:)

1973 Polish Under Folder I recently had built on a NDS receiver. A little scotch brite pad action will make that receiver match the worn steel finish a little better.

Tag, you're it.

Hey Dave.....where's the 5.56 AK?

Hey fellas, a little help over here please! I have never owned an AK-47, couldn't bring back the ones I liberated in VN. I want to purchase one but there are so many out there that I wouldn't know where to start. If you were to own just one AK-47 what would it be and where can I buy one? Bill, Les, Murph, come on now, I know you know!!

Denny...For the $$$ the Romanians are a pretty good deal right now

were I to have my druthers I would latch ahold of a RPK and rock on or a tantal if my wallet was fat enough

I am on the hunt for a 5.45x39 right now just to complete my collection of guns I cant afford to shoot

Hey fellas, a little help over here please! I have never owned an AK-47, couldn't bring back the ones I liberated in VN. I want to purchase one but there are so many out there that I wouldn't know where to start. If you were to own just one AK-47 what would it be and where can I buy one? Bill, Les, Murph, come on now, I know you know!!

Denny, you know we appreciate your "liberation" of the ChiCom AKs!

I have been purchasing "kits". My recent aquisitions are de-milled rifles without barrels or receivers as mandated by the ATF. Really more for the hobbiest that likes to hunt for barrels and other parts and pieces....then find a builder, etc.

Atlantic Arms has a few for sale.

Hey Bill... How many AK "projects" do you have going right now?

Brad, I'd have to count :)

It's intersting to see the different variations from country to country and try to track down the older Russian stuff.

Saigas are the bomb - Russian made, all new parts, and $500 for rifle and 1080 rounds, go for it! The Arsenal SGL series are all built off Saigas, and they are some primo AK variants. Cheap and easy to mod for AK mags, move trigger, and set up with AK furniture if thats your cup of chai.

Saigas are the bomb - Russian made, all new parts, and $500 for rifle and 1080 rounds, go for it! The Arsenal SGL series are all built off Saigas, and they are some primo AK variants. Cheap and easy to mod for AK mags, move trigger, and set up with AK furniture if thats your cup of chai.

+1 for the Arsenal rifles.

Does anyone need any 30 round AK 47 mags, I have some new and some used? It's best to PM me if you are interested.
Thanks,
Bruce

this is my Arsenal. it has become my main hog and coyote rifle. very accurate and a ton of fun. now to find a Draco...

liontribe

CoyoteTanAK012.jpg

CoyoteTanAK010.jpg

Back