American Picker Kife

S

S R Floyd

This knife was made for a buddy how is like the guys on tv. He buys and sells antiques. I think he buys more than he sells lol. He hooked me up with a bunch of items for my farm business. A fridge, a walkin cooler, 8' stainless steel table, and a gas stove. Those are just the large items. I called his wife and told her I wanted to make him a couple knives. This is the first one. All the materials I salvaged from his shop. The blade is a file I snagged from a rusty pile he had. The guard is aluminum from a bucket full of brackets he had. The spacer is green burlap micarta I made from some old coffee bean sack he was storing antique door knobs in and the handle is from a busted table leg, which after scraping 6 layers of paint off of was tiger maple.

photo-1.jpg

Thanks for lookin

I have no doubt he'll love it. It's a beautifull piece with great history.

Very handsome! I like "repurposed" stuff.

...the handle is from a busted table leg, which after scraping 6 layers of paint off of was tiger maple.

That right there is a cool story by itself. I often wonder why people cover up nice wood with paint in the first place.

Very good looking " junk" there. Like they say one mans junk is another mans treasure. You made good use out of it and it turned out great.

I have plans for #2. It involves a spring laying under his 69 camaro! I'm thinkinga camp knife with matching handle and spacer but I want to find something else for the guard.

Back