Anybody know anything about this tool?

I have no experience with its genius.....lol All I can say is it looks like a hell of a tool to have in any shop/construction site.2thumbs

That is one cool tool, nice find Ed.

Chris

Craftsman had a version of this a couple of years ago. I still havn't ever held one. Looks good though. Get it and pass it around :D

Paul

That things cool! I'm gonna replace my waterjet with that:rolleyes:. Just kidding. It is a great looking tool. Wonder if it works as good as advertised??? Ed, get one and do a report. Only 3 easy payments of $59.95. mo money
No, really, if it does work, I want one!

I am a welder/fabricator by trade and I have cut alot of different metals with dry bandsaws, lubricated bandsaws, cold saws, abrasive saws, reciprocating saws, grinders, portable band saws, and jigsaws.
I would have to say that cutting and thicker metal would dull them blades really quick.
And I wonder how it would cut through a good size chunk of stainless?
I would have to think it would be decent for really small jobs and really thin material. but I dont think I would ever buy one!!

I have googled this one up a couple times. I think for thin sheet metal it will work good but will choke on anything thicker than a 1/16th. I sure want it to work though as I'd get one in a heart beat.

I remember the c-man version, and hopefully this 'pro' model is a little sturdier. It's sort of a demo saw and the claim to fame was no kickback due to the counter rotating blades. Very wide kerf, and probably best for light gauge sheet metal as mentioned. If you do the pass around, I'd like to try it early on in case it fizzles out.:D

I dunno Ed, Craig

The plunge cutting ability is cool.

They show it cutting a file in half. Though they don't show the teeth afterwards. I'm pretty familiar with cutting tools, I'm skeptical that any tooth material is going to tolerate much of that. I wonder if replacement blades are reasonable?

Rember, If it sounds to good to be true,,,,It probably is.
They have been advertising this as "Get yours for only $14.95,,,,for 14 days." When you call it is $14.95 for 14 days,,,,then they charge your credit card $59.95 a month for three months. Exactly what they say,,,sorta,,,,

Wonder about the metal cutting. Cuts rebar, but Katie liked it and has come up with a list of things I could get done with it.

Didn't anybody see the infomercial ?.........The inventor cut a car in half. But it was a unibody car. I doubt it would cut through a frame. Several years ago someone came out with a outboard motor with counter rotating props, supposed to stop cavitation. I never saw that motor on a boat and never heard about it again. Too many ways for something to go wrong and break. But count me in on the pass-around anyway.

Rudy

Well thats not true look at all the new volvo penta duoprop outdrives as well as mercruiser brovo 3 duoprop the counter rotating props work vary well.
Brett
Didn't anybody see the infomercial ?.........The inventor cut a car in half. But it was a unibody car. I doubt it would cut through a frame. Several years ago someone came out with a outboard motor with counter rotating props, supposed to stop cavitation. I never saw that motor on a boat and never heard about it again. Too many ways for something to go wrong and break. But count me in on the pass-around anyway.

Rudy

Brett, you're right on the outdrives, but this was an outboard motor on display in a big plexiglass tank at a boat show I attended. I don't recall the name but that was a lot of gearing to contain in a lower leg, which was my point. I just never recall seeing it again and it came to mind as an example of cramming too many parts in a small container.

Rudy

There never has been one tool that will do everything. Looks like it would be OK on light stuff like softer sheet metal but heavy hard metal, I have my doubts. You would lose a lot of metal with dual blades(wide kerf) and two blades cost more than one blade when it comes time to replace, and how long will the blades last cutting metal of any kind.

Oh! I get it it's a new tool on the market...you're dying to buy it. Never have enough tools..HEHEHE
It looks like a crazy tool though, would love to have one :)
Larry

Back