Auodad Horn

Ryan Minchew

Made these for a customer and his son who owns an outfitting service.
Auodad horn
tapered tangs
cpm-154
416 bolster
Let me know what you think

calsknife.jpg

Als.jpg

calandal.jpg

I like those. I don't know what an Auodad so now I need to go google one.
I like the mark on the grind. It gives it a fresh look.
Kayla can take a good pic to boot.

Thanks for the kind words guys! Kayla appreciates the photo comments as well.
Tracey I think auodad is short for "stinks worse than any goat on the face of the earth". You keep smelling them days after you have skinned them.

awesome! just curious, are those horns hollowed out pretty good? did you have problems finding a thick enough piece?

A couple beauties there man!
I wanna say thanks for the knifemaking tutorial you did a long time ago in a Texas hunting forum. That info was gold to me when I started making knives. I referred your tutorial to a co- worker the other day who used it to make his first knife.
Thanks man!

awesome! just curious, are those horns hollowed out pretty good? did you have problems finding a thick enough piece?

It wasn't too bad finding a thick enough piece. Both of these knives came from one set of 24" horns. I could have gotten a set or two more I think had the horns not been damaged. I also think if I wanted to boil and try to straiten some, I could have several more scales out of the same set of horns.

A couple beauties there man!
I wanna say thanks for the knifemaking tutorial you did a long time ago in a Texas hunting forum. That info was gold to me when I started making knives. I referred your tutorial to a co- worker the other day who used it to make his first knife.
Thanks man!
Todd, thank you so much for that. Glad to hear it has helped and still being passed on. Thanks!

Thanks everyone

Back