BEADED SHEATH and KNIFE SET

SCALPHUNTER

This is a beaded belt sheath I did awhile back in "applique bead stitch," along with a Queen Cutlery Lockblade with a "peyote beaded" drop I made for it. I also antiqued the carbon steel blade to give it that "old look."

Attachments

• pic 199.jpg
    pic 199.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 55
Really nice work, Scalphunter. Ya got any of those peyote buds left? Huh? What? Ohhhhhhh! Peyote beads! Never mind.

Very nice Sir, I just started another beading piece and found out the beads got smaller or my eye site got worse, can't imagine doing it by firelight................Randy

UncleBillyKnives; Wow, that is great. How long does that take?

For this particular piece it was a total of about 20 hours...about 5 hours per night.

Church & Son; Very nice Sir, I just started another beading piece and found out the beads got smaller or my eye site got worse, can't imagine doing it by firelight................Randy

Thanks...and trust me, the longer you do it, whether it's hours on a particular piece, or for years...it takes it's toll on the eyes. That's the reason I don't do that much beadwork nowadays. I've been doing hand tooled leatherwork and beading since I was a teen, and I'm almost 50 now. Years ago, my Grandmother used to earn extra money for our family in Oklahoma by making handmade quilts and blankets with her fancy beadwork and ribbonwork decorating them. They called them "Chief's Blankets and they had a wide beaded & ribbonworked strip going down the sides of each one. Each quilt or blanket took up to a couple of months to complete, and that was with her working on it every day for several hours at a time.

Last edited:
Back