Bend in the middle, lock in the back

Travis Fry

This Lanny's Clip lock back is the first folder I've made that's been allowed out of my shop. The blade is from my first damascus billet ever, made over a year ago at my friend Jim Clow's shop in Canada. The scales are some truly excellent mesquite burl from my aunt and uncle's place in the Texas Hill Country. Bob Merz, who has been making knives longer than I've been alive, provided some significant education along the way. There are still a couple of kinks to work out in my process, but I think it's a safe bet we'll be seeing more of these come out of my shop. Let me know what y'all think.

KNIVESMAR10-830-2-of-5.jpg

KNIVESMAR19-WIDE-1-of-4.jpg

KNIVESMAR19-1000-1-of-2.jpg

Great job, Travis. I'm a ways away from attempting a folder but that's where I'm heading. That one is a beauty.

Wallace

Travis, you absolutely nailed it!!!! That Damascus with that incredible mesquite makes one of the best looking folders I have ever seen.

Thanks for all the kind words folks. This one was fun to make, and I have a few in mind for the future. Bad news is I'm out of the damascus, so the next 3 or 4 at least will be stainless. And I just ordered a video about making autos, so who knows?

I'll tell you what I think, Travis. I think it's awesome! Extremely well done. An all around great knife.

Back