@&$!?$&!?@ Buffer

petie

Well the buffer strikes again. I went for about 20 knives without losin one in the buffer. Now I've lost 2 out of the last 3. Putting the finishing touches on a mini drop point ( I was all the way to finishing rouge) when the buffer monster snatched the knife out of my hands and slammed it to the floor. Broke about an inch off the end. The good thing is I didn't get hit and I got to look at my grain structure. Nice fine grain structure. Almost slick. Bad news is that was a $100 knife that was gonna by some of the pulleys for my nwg so I can stop usin the buffer.

That stinks. At least you weren't hurt. Those buffers are sleepers. They lull you into a sense of security..........then strike like a viper.

SDS

the buffer is spooky on how quick it can grab a knife away..
are you using a stitched or loose buff wheel?

Those buffers are real *#^%'s. I just use them very lightly on handles, and very sparing at that, and with a strong grip, fully expecting that it's going to snatch it and slam it into something hard.:mad:

I fell your pain. A few weeks ago I was going to just hit the bolsters on a slipjoint to shine them up a little, a slipjoint that was already paid for. I had one slip of concentration and the next thing I know Im looking at a jumbled mess on the floor.

I learned two things, buffers are the most dangerous tool we work with and I dont want to paid for a knife until it is finished.

Sean

I use a sewn wheel at 1750 rpm. Both times I've lost one it was on the last polishing step just hitting the spots that I'm sure the average person wouldn't even notice but I knew it was there.

Back