Christmas KITH Questions, PICS & Updates

Oh man! (Head slap!) you think I'd have put that info in there. I'll edit.

The blade is AEB-L, heat treat and cryo to Rc61 by Peters' Heat Treat

The blade is 7" overall, with a 6-5/8" cutting edge.

Thank you very much for the compliments, Anthony. This blade is *thin*. She's a slicer for sure.

Well I didn't get it sharpened after work but will later when the kids go to bed. Just wanted to snap some pics. Crappy inside pics because it has been raining for 5 days straight here! Pics don't do it justice.

1084 steel with hamon
Stainless pins and tube
Ironwood handle

I probably should have stretched myself more but only my second attempt at a hamon and I rounded the spine a bit which I don't normally do. Hope y'all like it.

1755a90b6ff91ebefd88c76077b0e197.jpg

d8323d242553f401b749cbcb25e9be59.jpg

9ae191122a878f46b4a53877831074b8.jpg

Finally took some half-decent photos of my knife. Keeping with the Christmas theme, I took the pics on my sweet wife's festive table cloth. I really need to work on my photography skills as I can never seem to take a good photo of my knives no matter how hard I try. The knife specs are as follows:

Knife design: Bobcat
Open length: 6-1/2"
Blade length: 2-5/8"
Blade: 440C
Bolsters: 416ss
Liners: Anodized titanium
Spacer: 416ss
Scales: Dyed and stabilized maple burl
Embellishments: Hand-rubbed satin finish on blade and bolsters. File worked spacer and liners.

I'm quite pleased with how this one came out. I hope the new owner is happy with it, but if not, I'd be glad to take it back :3:.

DSC_0041.jpgDSC_0043.jpgDSC_0044.jpgDSC_0046.jpg

Justin, I'm a sucker for Wharncliffes! That one is super nice. LOL @ Brandant, who thinks somebody's going to let him take that gorgeous knife back! HAHAHAHA!

Well...Today is the day. I am going to finish up tonight. Working on the sheath right now. Hopefully I can work on stitching it up at work, if not, then it will be a late night. Pics are coming.

Just want to thank everyone here. It has been a long time since I have completed a knife. This one is not my best work. It does have flaws. I now know what I need to improve on. It is not as good as most of what I have seen posted, but it is my own and complete.

Here is my entry!
Its a little rough compared to the rest of your knives. I am very humbled after seeing all of the entries. Mine is made from Aldo's 1095. I clay treated it, and there is a very slight hamon visible. I know it could be brought out more, and perhaps the person who gets it might want to do more on it, but I flat ran out of time.

The handles are lacewood. It has a tapered tang and a vine filework pattern down the spine. I really enjoyed making this knife. Hopefully whoever gets it will enjoy it. Its for sure not the fanciest knife out there, but I promise it will skin an elk, or deer, or antelope, or reindeer if thats your gig.

It will of course come with a custom leather sheath, and now that I'm thinking about it, if the person that gets this one wants a left handed sheath, let me know and I can make sure that happens as well.

Thanks for letting me participate, and if you know how to rotate pictures on here, please let me know how, because it auto rotated these from regular to this two times, and I cant figure out
DSC_1169.jpgDSC_1170.jpgDSC_1171.jpg

My entry is done. Sheath and knife are ready. Blade is 52100. Handle is cherry with a copper liner and copper pins and tube. 1449036980086.jpg1449036980086.jpg

Ok guys the 2015 Christmas KITH is closed. I drew the names and put them in a new list on the first page of the entry thread. Go there to see who got your knife and who gets yours. You send your knife to the person below you on the list and the person at the bottom sends his to the person at the top. If y'all have any problems please let me know ASAP.

Darren

Thank you for spearheading this KITH. It is a lot of work that you do not get paid for, and it can turn into a great big hassle. so far, this one has run very smoothly.

You stepped forward and deserve a big thank you for running this event. So, Thank you!

DeMo

PS: Come on Christmas!!!!

Darren

Thank you for spearheading this KITH. It is a lot of work that you do not get paid for, and it can turn into a great big hassle. so far, this one has run very smoothly.

You stepped forward and deserve a big thank you for running this event. So, Thank you!

DeMo

PS: Come on Christmas!!!!

well said DeMo.. Thank you Darren

Well there is always next year to try again. I disassembled the knife and found the reason why the guard looked off. A .195 spine and a .190 belly unbeknownst to me I cut a flat even slot and there was a ugly gap. Thanks to all who gave me the support and can do it.

Ok guys, we have packages in the mail and some of you should be getting packages on Monday. Please advise me when Santa delivers yours. Also, it is not required but feel free to post some pics of you with your knife. You can even wear your favorite Christmas sweater while taking the pic/pics.:p:biggrin:
I appreciate all the kind words about administrating the years Christmas KITH but I have actually enjoyed doing it. I wanna thank YOU guys. Y'all have actually made it pretty painless. (so far):cool:

Mine probably won't ship out til Monday. I just didn't like the sheath fit, so I started a whole new one. I stitched it all last night and will put my finish on tonight, but I like for sheaths to sit for a while to be sure they are completely dry. Should be ok by Monday.

Back