Christmas KITH Questions, PICS & Updates

Paul, I shipped your knife Friday. It is scheduled to arrive Tuesday. I really hope you enjoy it!

Chris

Here I am with my new archer moon custom knife! Please pardon the face. I was born that way. The knife on the other hand is fantastic! I love copper accents and the copper pins and spacers have me itching to make my own knife with copper components!

Thanks again. Archer moon!
74059a46adee90f306a3be2e86cf048c.jpg

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Yipee! got home and found a box sitting in my chair from Matt. Opened up the box and WOW! nice blade with great fit and finish. first knife for me with a hamon.

My folder went out this morning to James in Idaho. will get there Thursday the postal gal says.

love the kith this year, everyone has done a great job.

also Thanks to Darrin for putting it all together.

Erik

Santa made it to Nebraska. I really thought that I would be on the naughty list.

I received Justin's pocket cleaver and it is really nice. When I first opened the box, the first thing I thought was it looks a lot smaller than in the pictures.

But, the handle shape is very comfortable, the hamon makes me smile and the ironwood is just plain cool looking.

It is good to be on the nice list.

Justin - thank you. After playing with it all day, I realized it is really, really, really sharp!

Everyone - Have A Very Merry Christmas!

DeMo

Thanks for putting together the KITH, I received my knife from Jon yesterday. It is a great little knife, can't wait to use it. I think it's great to look at other peoples work to see where I need to step up my game.

image1 (2).JPG

Last edited:
I recieved Daniels knife today. The blue kirinite with orange liners looks great and it's nice to get my hands on this popular neck knife design. Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 30
OK guys, the list shows that we still have 4 knives that haven't shipped. They need to be shipped by tomorrow. Please let me know something if you haven't shipped your knife yet. Thanks.

I received DeMo's knife in the mail today. I've been studying it over and over, and keep getting it back out. It's really growing on me, very cool knife. I really, really like the G10 spacers and brass! I would never have thought about that color combination, but it totally works.
DeMo's kith handle.jpg
Then I started studying the sheath. Holy cow! You are really good with leather, the detail on the sheath is awesome. I can't figure out how you get two colors of dye so perfectly even and not bleeding over into the other. The finish is great, better than I've been getting. Maybe you've got better leather to start with, don't know, but I'm very impressed with the sheath.
DeMo's kith sheath.jpg
So, yes, I'm a happy camper and got lucky in the drawing. Yeah, I can see the little things that prove its handmade, but this is a sweet little knife that I will definitely keep for my own. Love it.
DeMo's kith and me.jpg
And, I've got huge hands. Actually all of me is on the large side, so the knife looks small in the pic, but its really not, it's a perfect size. Thanks DeMo!

Hey man, I hope you like it. Please feel free to hit me with some feed back. This is something like my 15th knife. ☺

Santa made it to Nebraska. I really thought that I would be on the naughty list.

I received Justin's pocket cleaver and it is really nice. When I first opened the box, the first thing I thought was it looks a lot smaller than in the pictures.

But, the handle shape is very comfortable, the hamon makes me smile and the ironwood is just plain cool looking.

It is good to be on the nice list.

Justin - thank you. After playing with it all day, I realized it is really, really, really sharp!

Everyone - Have A Very Merry Christmas!

DeMo
Glad you like it Dennis, and thanks for the constructive feedback. Will help me improve. Have a Merry Christmas!

Anthony - I am glad you like the knife. I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Feel free to send me a pm with your feedback on the knife and sheath after you have used it for a while. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

On the leather. I pretty much follow this build along for the construction. For not bleeding colors look at the use of the pen! Probably cheating but really effective. Also, I only use Fiebings products for dye. Leather is from Tandy when it goes on sale. And then practice, practice, practice. If you screw up as much as me its like making 3 sheaths for every knife so it all adds up quickly.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/905582-Sheath-WIP?highlight=sheath+tutorial

Justin - I am a happy camper, also. My new little pocket cleaver is one of the favorites. It is sitting on my desk right now, but, I cannot wait to use it a little bit more.

I hope everyone enjoyed the Christmas KITH as much as I have. Merry Christmas to all!

DeMo

Ok guys, I still haven't heard anything from James Clair & John Wilson. I need to know if your knives have shipped. I also need to know if any more have been received. Its been running smooth so far guys so don't drop the ball now.
IF YOU HAVEN"T SHIPPED YOUR KNIFE YOU NEED TO DO SO MONDAY. I've taken the time to administrate this so please do what is needed on your end to keep things running smoothly. Christmas is getting close and shipping gets slow this time of year so please ship your knife ASAP.
If you have sent me your shipped & received info. you can disregard this if you haven't sent it to me then please do so. If I missed someone somehow, please forgive me.

Ok guys, I still haven't heard anything from James Clair & John Wilson. I need to know if your knives have shipped. I also need to know if any more have been received. Its been running smooth so far guys so don't drop the ball now.
IF YOU HAVEN"T SHIPPED YOUR KNIFE YOU NEED TO DO SO MONDAY. I've taken the time to administrate this so please do what is needed on your end to keep things running smoothly. Christmas is getting close and shipping gets slow this time of year so please ship your knife ASAP.
If you have sent me your shipped & received info. you can disregard this if you haven't sent it to me then please do so. If I missed someone somehow, please forgive me.
Well I've got John Wilsons knife

I posted on here 12/4 that i had shipped the knife. I thought that covered it. My apologies if I missed that I was supposed to PM you, Darrin.

I haven't posted about receiving anything yet, but AK Wildman has contacted me. He works away from home and will ship asap which is totally fine by me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My new knife arrived today from Anthony, and let me say, this knife is fantastic! I guess Christmas came a little early this year. I sure wish I had some game to clean, because this knife is ready for some work. Outstanding workmanship! Thanks, Anthony.

Back