Christmas KITH Questions, PICS & Updates

Darrin, your (my new!) knife came in the mail today, much to my delight and I must say it is a neat little guy, and quite comfortable in the hand, perfect in fact. The fit up is great and the finish is very clean. Your pins are domed very nicely as well!
I had a chance to give it a light duty performance test and the results were impressive.

I admit I was a little apprehensive about driving this through an old railroad bolt, but the blade IS labeled Darrin Sanders, so why not? After that astonishing success I thought "I bet this knife will cut through anything!" soooo....firebrick, check.
A longer handle would have helped in chopping through the 4X4, but I think that particular test is probably beyond the limits of the design anyway. All that chopping made me hungry, and sure enough, after all of that, she still shaved pepperoni!

Kidding aside, thanks Darrin, and everyone who participated in this years Christmas KITH.

Jon Kelly

Attachments

• PC140026.jpg
    PC140026.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 60
  • PC140032.jpg
    PC140032.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 57
  • PC140028.jpg
    PC140028.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 54
  • PC140038.jpg
    PC140038.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 51
Ok guys, some of you aren't cooperating with me here. I clearly asked everyone to send me a PM when your knife ships and another when you receive your knife. I asked everyone to do this for a reason so PLEASE PM me this information so I can be sure everybody gets a knife.

I received Paul's knife (AK Wildman) yesterday. Beautiful knife! Well made? You better believe it. This knife is solid! Fit and finish is excellent. There is not a stray mark on it anywhere.

I really like the blackened blade. It's something I'd like to offer myself but I don't know how to do it in stainless. The swedge is a really nice touch. The mosaic pins, red liners, and the light colored handle in contrast with the flat black blade give it a very attractive overall look.

There's a serious blade meant for heavy work combined with a compact handle which makes the knife a great overall size that won't get in your way. I've got cro-magnon hands and the handle is short for me, but that's not an issue. It is very comfortable and provides a perfect 3-finger grip with my pinky finger just over the heel of the handle- like a grip on a compact pistol. I like it a lot.

Very well done knife. Thank you Paul!

3df38eb07c07abd99dda1dd3f8d1cdd9.jpg
41f626827bef9e55d7c486d87539dd94.jpg
58ffed63781b02c9f21b55811ece42e4.jpg
a01b8de1da420d2c751b03595b92d0f8.jpg
2683eae9e302577d49d12c8039306497.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice stuff guys, wish I had the time this year to get into the fun but glad to see you guys rocking it.

Well I've had Chris Jones knife for 5 days since I got home from my work hitch.I must say the sheath is a knockout,the first thing I cut was some jalapeno spam which is a Alaskan staple ! Sliced nice even slabs to fry up for my lunch.Next I sliced up a rip grape as thin as I could and no problem,I have carried it on me since I put my hands on it and find it a joy to have.Chris asked me to critique his knife and be tuff.Ok here's the scoop,the design is a winner,I love how the dovetail between the g10 and cocobolo looks like a set of wings on the spine of the handle.Also the makers Mark is top notch.The grinds are even and centered.There is really nothing on it to not like.I did find a burr in the edge using a Sharpe cap dragged across the edge and the one thing that would really separate this knife from the pack would be to hand sand to a satin finish rather then leaving the final vertical machine lines and that's a subjective comment because some folks like that look.Anyway thanks Chris for a superb gentlemans knife it rocks ! Paul.

Attachments

• IMAG0295.jpg
    IMAG0295.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMAG0288.jpg
    IMAG0288.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMAG0289.jpg
    IMAG0289.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 39
Thank you Paul! You might have to elaborate on the sharpie cap trick, I've never heard of it.
I pray it serves you well for many years to come.

Merry Christmas
Chris

Thanks again Chris it's a sweetheart,as for the sharpie trick you take the cap or any soft plastic pen cap and run the edge over your knife edge,if there is a burr or tiny chip you will feel it.

Thanks again Chris it's a sweetheart,as for the sharpie trick you take the cap or any soft plastic pen cap and run the edge over your knife edge,if there is a burr or tiny chip you will feel it.

I use my fingernail. I drag the edge backwards as I draw it across the backside of my fingernail. The burr will either catch or leave a scratch in your fingernail.

Back