Christmas present for a friend

Not to steal Mike's thunder....but since the subject came up......

Not everyone is into precision holes or has the means to do them. This is a age old trick that works fairly consistently and is how I learned, especially on expensive stag. Installing an allignment pin anywhere OFF the center line of the other two pins seems to force everything to stay where it belongs. After installing the pin fairly tightly, no wobbling, I throw a fender washer over it and file down to the washer. DON"T point it. The pin is there to allign....not hold anything, so it can be fairly short. Of course before squishing in the pin, you must drill a corresponding shallow hole in your handle material. It's not rocket science and most everyone has the means to do this. Be smarter than the knife.

2013_1119allignmentpin0002.JPG2013_1119allignmentpin0007.JPG

Disregard the knife, it's not near done and I just used it to show this procedure. I know.....my picture abilities suck.

Nice work again Mike,
Rudy

Mike
That's a Beauty! from the design, materials and executed flawlessly!!!
Going to be someone happy happy happy this Christmas!

God Bless
Mike

Wow! That is some incredible craftsmanship, Mike. Great attention to detail. The bolsters and rounded spine are just perfect.

I just jumped back in here to see if I answered Paps question and Im pretty humbled to see all the nice comments coming in on this knife .. Thank You Guys!! Im glad you guys like it !

Back