CORBY BOLT, black, W/ torque head

C Craft

I am looking for Corby bolt's, black, W/torque head, something similar to these but in a black oxide finish!!

I want something like these USA has but in black oxide finish and with a torques head instead of a slotted head. If USA Knife Makers has them I am doing the wrong search words because I can't get them to pop up!!

CORBY BOLT - 303SS - EXTRA SMALL .125" SHAFT .187" SHOULDERS *NEW SHAFT LENGTH

fkp-pp-112-web.jpg

Anyone know where I can order them??

No help here. Good luck with that search. I can't find black corby's regardless of head style. I tried USA Knife, AKS, Texas Knife, Jantz, Sheffield, Ebay, and Amazon. No black corbys anywhere.

OK let me approach this from another direction. Can anyone tell me where I can buy small diameter SS tube threaded on the inside????

Something similar to the threaded part of this Thumb Stud Thru Style (1) 2-56 x 1/2 BH Screw

that USA Knife Makers has for sale!

thumb-stud-thru-type-2-56-b.jpg

You could cut to needed length and then use black oxide torque head screws. Some company has to be making the threaded tube part of these thumb studs if you can find out who it is!!!!!

Last edited:
About the only thing I can think of that is readily available is pivot barrels for folders. If it's a very specific size/length and you can't find it in a pivot barrel, I suspect it would be something you'd have to make yourself.

A possible source might be outfits that sell parts for RC model cars or planes.

I use 1/8" and 3/16" diameter pivot barrels, usually get them 1/2" long and cut to length. This allows you to use a variety of black oxide screws.
Clint

I use 1/8" and 3/16" diameter pivot barrels, usually get them 1/2" long and cut to length. This allows you to use a variety of black oxide screws.
Clint

Got any pics of what you are speaking of and where are you getting them??

I have been looking trying to find 3/16" OD tubing threaded for a 4/40 screw ID, and so far nothing!!!

Last edited:
Check the electrical standoffs from McMaster-Carr. Sounds like what you're looking for with the small, threaded stainless tube.

Do a google search for 3/16" pivot barrels and see who has them in stock. If you have some 3/16 inch stainless rod, you could tap a 4-40 hole fairly easy through a short section. I will try and get a pic for you today, blizzard like conditions this morning!
Clint
Got any pics of what you are speaking of and where are you getting them??

I have been looking trying to find 3/16" OD tubing threaded for a 4/40 screw ID, and so far nothing!!!

You won't find any black corby's. 1. there is no metal that is black suitable for corby's. 2. any external finish will get ground off flush with the handle.
We do have a titanium version that you can annodize to different colors.
An alternative would be black g10 or carbon fiber rod for a pin.

I am looking for Corby bolt's, black, W/torque head, something similar to these but in a black oxide finish!!

I want something like these USA has but in black oxide finish and with a torques head instead of a slotted head. If USA Knife Makers has them I am doing the wrong search words because I can't get them to pop up!!

CORBY BOLT - 303SS - EXTRA SMALL .125" SHAFT .187" SHOULDERS *NEW SHAFT LENGTH

fkp-pp-112-web.jpg

Anyone know where I can order them??

Thanks Tracy! Maybe that's why I am finding out there is none available!! I am on the waiting list with USA Knife Maker Supply for some none black ones!!

In fact I want to say a big thanks to everyone who responded to this thread. You know that is what I really like about this site. If you ask someone is going to point you in a direction that is helpful or at least offer an alternative!!

I have said it before this a stand up bunch!!!

Last edited:
Your funny samuraistuart, but valid point!! It is a great bunch, till you ask for constructive criticism. LOL Actually they are real good at that. That was brought up on another forum and I learned not everyone wants criticism, constructive or not, but that is another subject for another time.

I think I have figured a way to do what I was wanting the black Corby's for in the first place. I was planning an off purpose use for them. If my idea works I will share! Thanks again to all for the help and ideas!!

Back