Doc Holiday WIP

Ok so I finished the scrimshaw, I was going to scrim the other side with a huckleberry branch with berries but I think in this case less is more.Ive already had offers for the knife if I didn't scrim it and turned them down,hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot there.So now it's time to make a sheath that's befitting good old Doc ! FB_IMG_1553285551484.jpgFB_IMG_1553285543529.jpg

Ok so I finished the scrimshaw, I was going to scrim the other side with a huckleberry branch with berries but I think in this case less is more.Ive already had offers for the knife if I didn't scrim it and turned them down,hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot there.So now it's time to make a sheath that's befitting good old Doc ! View attachment 68087View attachment 68088
That turned out really nice! I'd be spooked to try that on a finished knife. But I suppose doing the scrimshaw last is really the only way to do it.

That turned out really nice! I'd be spooked to try that on a finished knife. But I suppose doing the scrimshaw last is really the only way to do it.
It does take a bit of courage ,you take a deep breath and go for it.on some items you can take and sand it off and start over such as a stag handle but with this one with all the pins you screw up and it's a very bad day bnb indeed.

Back