Does this make sense?

Mike Carter

Our biggest annual gun show, National Gun Day, is coming up this month. I just got an email from the show promoter stating "The ESPN cable network has REFUSED to run my TV commercial on the Louisville, Kentucky cable system, as well as, THE HISTORY CHANNEL! Their management said that they have a policy of NOT allowing GUN or AMMUNITION ads on their networks!"

The History Channel regularly airs shows about weapons and armor and it has "Top Shot", a show about competition shooting, but it will not run the TV spots that this guy has been running on other channels for 24 years.

Last edited:
They must be afraid of the guns jumping off the tv and hurting someone,and just maybe if they can't see them there not there.

I think,maybe they are told the gas that is discharged from the burning powder,
that is only discharged,from the guns of the weekend shooter,like myself,is a
main contributor in Climate change,AKA Global Warming:what!:

This Great Country,my brothers,is gone to HELL!

May God bless us,
Keith

Heck if I know. I would guess they're either afraid of being sued, some bigger advertiser puts pressure on them, or the corporation that owns them has a bad attitude towards the 2nd amendment. Maybe we should all email those networks and remind them how dumb that is. Couldn;t hurt to let AKTI and KnifeRights know about it too.

Last edited:
Its like watching tv and everyone has a cigarette in their moth but they can't run cigarette adds .makes no sense.

Its like watching tv and everyone has a cigarette in their moth but they can't run cigarette adds .makes no sense.

Since I quit, I have wondered about that one myself... I also wonder WHY you "Need" to have a character that smokes. I doubt the smoking-population would be offended if they didnt get to see people on TV smoking... :rollingmyeyes:

As for the no gun ads, it was probably someone with more money in that local market that was causing the problems for the station manager. I doubt it is the choice of the actual network.

The no gun ads probably are more focused on the fact that it is for an evil GUNSHOW. You know that place were all the criminals buy guns illegally.:confused2: There is an attempt to to "Close the gunshow loophole". It is politically charged and the TV news channels try to stay away from it. If you want national coverage call Fox News. They would probably run it.

Just be careful Mayor Bloomberg might send out undercover agents to make sure vendors are following the law.

Mike, since the channels are not local. I would wonder how they would refuse to run a local ad. I could see it if the local company was involved. I think it is promoter trying to skimp on advertising. History channel not being pro Gun come on. I smell something fishy and it not Moby Dicks.

Since I quit, I have wondered about that one myself... I also wonder WHY you "Need" to have a character that smokes. I doubt the smoking-population would be offended if they didnt get to see people on TV smoking... :rollingmyeyes:

As for the no gun ads, it was probably someone with more money in that local market that was causing the problems for the station manager. I doubt it is the choice of the actual network.

I would be a little Offended :)

I am a smoker, and I could care less but I feel banning it is wrong. Disney and any movie affiliated or made under a company Disney owns, I heard has banned any smoking from their movies. Yet they can drink beer, kill people and show nudity. This country has became so bad with banning stuff and lawsuits and doing other stuff like not running Mike's ads. And the worst part is....................It's only going to get worse the more they get away with it.

Back