Ghost olive drab G-10

petie

I ran on to some olive drab colored G-10 that was really opaque. Don't know what to call other than Ghost olive drab. Just wandering if anyone else has ever seen it. I'm trying it on one of my drop points just hope it looks as good as I think it will when I'm done cause it's the KITH knife.

Is it like the green G-11? Tracey has some of that on his website.

I used it on this slipjoint. Got any pics?

100603125332_img_0388.jpg

Johnny

If your talking about it being almost transparent I've got some from that a friend got when he bought a bunch of old stuff from a warehouse. I'm not sure it's G10 I think it's called G11 from the research I've done from ones who manufacture it. Either way I've put it on a couple custom order hunting knives and one other so far and everyone loves it. I'm hoping I can get some more next time I see him.

Johnny, you posted while I was typing. The stuff I've got is like that but with more olive color. But it is somewhat transparent. I'll try to find a pic.

Johnny that's what it looks like. I got about a 4'x4 sheet of it. I put a black liner under it. I'm kinda anxious to see how much that changes the look of it.

Mine has a bit of a fiber pattern to it like a linen micarta. I really like the look of it. I bought mine in a .125 thickness and i polish the liner before I glue it on so a little bit of light gives it a nice glow.

I finish mine up to a 600 grit on the grinder and then a bit more hand sanding at higher grits before I polish it on the buffer with the pink rouge.

Johnny

Cliff, I found the pics of the olive drab knife you have for sale on your website.

Definitely different stuff. Mine is much lighter.

I really like the G11 that you have though. If you can get more of that, especially in 1/8 thickness, let me know.

Nice shop BTW.

Johnny

Last edited:
All I was able to get of that was inch thick Johnny. I've been cutting out a block and splitting whenever I use it on full tangs.
Here is another custom order, one of my Blackhawk knives wearing it.
DSCN1751-1.jpg

this is probably G11, although i have been calling it G10. i can't keep them all straight. this is very translucent as you can kinda make out some of the epoxy holes in the tang. it looks very otherworldly in person. the place i bought it from called it ghost jade.

liontribe

KingZero010.jpg

I haven't tried it yet but I used some of this same G11 (margarita green from JatMat) and I didn't like how it showed steel underneath the scales; Dan Koster said that if you bead blast the scales you won't have the ghosting to it and it will make them a little more grippy.

Here is one that i made with blackspacer. I like it very much. I going to use it more.

Seved

Hunter1-1.gif

Tracy might have some but I know RW Wilson has a piece of that unless he sells it at the gun show tomorrow. In case anyone is looking for it.

I could let loose of a couple 10x10 pieces if someone needs it. Mine is more of an olive green color. I'm finishing it out this weekend. I'll try to get some pics.

Back