grinder purchase

dancalvin

I'm looking to get a new grinder to put I'm my new shop , that will be built soon . The question is , has anybody got a Coote grinder . The specs look good , it looks like the chassis will lend itself to modifications . Just wondering about any potential problems

Thanks , Dan

I dont know much about the coote grinder, but another grinder to look at is the Wilmont grinder. Chris is a really good guy that designed and builds these grinders. He is very easy to get a hold of and very reasonably price grinder. I have 3 differnt grinders in my shop 1-kmg, wilton and the Wilmont. The wilmont gets used by far the most.

Jim

I have a Coote, it is a good machine and I have had no major issues with it, but a 3-wheel design is more versatile as far as attachments/different sized contact wheels are concerned.

Justin is right, the coote isn't a bad machine to start off with but if you could build a NWG it would be better. I do have a coote.

I agree with Jim and Justin..... a 3-wheel design grinder. My opinion is that right now there is not a better grinder on the market, for the money, than the KMG.

I like my Moe's Grinder (check the threads on my forum). Are you surprised? I also like the GIB and the Wilmont grinder. If you are wanting variable speed by way of a VFD all three have direct drive with fewer moving parts. This means that you buy, and pay for, fewer parts and have fewer places for vibration to set up and less power loss due to friction. I supply motors and VFDs for all three of these grinders as well as for some of the KMGs. I will also, if that is what you want, build an adjustable speed grinder with step pulleys and pillow blocks.

I can't wait to buy a TW-90 from Travis Weurtz. Variable speed, horizontal/vertical grind flexibility, comes with variable speed and many attachments. Seems like a real solid machine.

Even though his website does not say so, it is a 2 X 72 machine. TW-90 website

I love my KMG and wouldn't trade it for anything. I would however like to get my hands on one of the TW-90s to test it out. They look pretty darn cool.

I have used one of those from Travis Weurtz "someone else's" It was awesome and made very well just too expensive for me if I had the money and room I'd buy one I heard he is coming out with a surface grinder attachment for it also how cool would that be. Oh yeah and the rest on that thing is the best I have ever seen.
Anthony

Back