H/F bandsaw mods

smithy

Iam a hobby knifemaker. I got a H/F metal cutting bandsaw. I knew I was just going to use it in the vertical position, so I decided to make a seat for it. And it went on from there. Here are pics...

This turned into a much longer project. The oiler system was made with parts I had laying around, the seat was upholstered by a friend of mine, the table came from a scrapped cheap bandsaw and the foot switch was left over when I closed my studio. After all the additions and adjusting the saw, it runs great. ...Teddy

Where'd you get that table? I had to make one out of a mild steel plate. It works, but yours is way cooler.

Ok, I finally read all the text, particularly the part where you already answered my question... Is it Friday yet?

Last edited:
Teddy, that is waaay cool as the kids would say - a good use for an old scrapped table saw, reuse the table. Waaay cool factor - and a seat to sit on. I LIKE IT!!! That oiler will make the blades last so much longer.

Ken H>

I can't use oil or water on mine. It makes the blade slip off. Do you have rubber tires on your wheels? Mine are just bare steel.

What? no back rest and beverage holder?

I have two spiral bound notebooks sitting on the frame so I can sit down. Left over from when my 57 year old daughter went to college.

I've had this saw at least 30 years and it still works.

No love seat because I also use it as a cutoff saw.

I have one of those saws I bought 26 or 27 years ago and it's still running fine. I figured for the price I might get a couple of years out of it, but it's still cutting good. I only use bi-metal blades on it. I need to try making a seat like that. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Back