hello from Alabama

Come to the Alabama Forge Council's Fall Blacksmith's conference. http://alaforge.org/calendar.html There will be lots of blacksmiths and knifemakers there. You will probably find contacts there and have a good time. Be sure and come by my "Knife Dogs Hospitality Tent" for a visit. Maybe even Calvin will be there.

I am central alabama.About 5hours from Gulf Shores. It is alittle to far I really appericate the offer. My biggest problem is I learn better with one on one. I have read alot of books and magazines they give me an idea on things I just don't understand alot of things they explain. I just wished they offered more classes close to where I live. Thank you for replying and I may need some advice on problems I run across.

I actually met you at the Batson Knife Symphosiom this year. I was one of the people that helped you break down your tent and bought the refractory and kawol at the last minute. I plan on going to the hammer in if I can get off of work. Thank you for replying to my post and I hope I can go to the hammer in.

is there anyone willing to teach me that lives around mount olive alabama

Dr. Obinson,
I'm not quite sure where Mt. Olive is, I'm 6 miles, off I-65 above Prattville, thats above Montgomery. Just let me know when you can get up my way, you'll need to visit more than once to between the full affect. Give me a date.and I'll happily set an afternoon aside.for you or the entire day! If youIyou have time we can go from start to finish and possibly make you a.knife before.you leave...maybe

I have another fella who wants.to do the same, y'all can come the same day and we'll have a BIG TIME!!!!
Just let me know when is a good time for you, I'll make sure.my calendar is clear, and we'll set a date. PM me your
phone number , so we can get everything worked out, that is if you really want to come this far, which.I have no
idea how far that is. I'll check and.get back to you, Rex

Last edited:
Is Mount Olive near Sylacauga? I'm in Oxford. If you are within reasonable driving distance, I would love to have you come by for a visit. We can be confused together.

Robert

Back